I CAN RECIEVE EMAILS BUT I CANNOT SEND THEM

• Thread starter sirced
  • Start date Views 1,135
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sirced

ERROR MESSAGE BELOW:

TASK @EMAIL - SENDING REPORTED ERROR (0X0042109) OUTLOOK CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR OUTGOING (STMP) E-MAIL SERVER. IF YOU CONTINUE TO RECIEVE THIS MESSAGE, CONTACT YOUR SERVER ADMINISTRATOR OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP).

SIRCED

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Did this just start or has it been happening for a while? Usually we see that error when you're connected to a network other than your home network - i.e. other than the same network your mail host runs. Is that the case here? Are you travelling?

S

sirced

THIS JUST STARTED A COUPLE DAYS AGO AND I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING AND CONEECTING TO DIFFERENT NETWORKS.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

No need to shout.

Most likely whomever your mail host is (Comcast? Time Warner? Somebody else?) has their SMTP server configured to not accept traffic from networks other than their own. There are a few workarounds for this the most basic of which is to get an account with an agnostic provider like GMail and use their SMTP server to send your outgoing traffic when you travel.

It's possible that there is a more specific workaround for your ISP but since you haven't told us who it is there's no way for us to be more specific.

S

sirced

Didn mean to write as though I was yelling. Sorry.

It is my companies email @clearsightfunding.com, I have been using outlook for a long time prior to getting 2010 and have never had a problem before. I will check with our tech guy to make sure its not a server problem. I know everyone elses email is working fine. Now how do I use gmail to set that up?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Could be a server issue. Could also be a DNS issue. What kind of account is this? POP3? IMAP? Exchange? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.