Outlook 2010 / SBS 2010 - User cannot view emails moved to a folder that was previously imported fro

• Thread starter TechInStLouis
  • Start date Views 1,801
T

TechInStLouis

We are using Outlook 2010 / SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007)

This particular user was using imap folders previously which we fully synchronized, and then imported into their Exchange mailbox from the offline cache.

All their old emails and content shows up fine, however if the user MOVE A NEW EMAIL to that particular folder (or another that was imported from the offline imap cache), then the email DOES NOT SHOW UP in Outlook - but DOES SHOW UP IN OWA.

I have double-checked all filters, displayed offline cache mode for Exchange / Outlook, and even created a new profile to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

When you say " imported" do you mean that you actually used the Outlook import tool or that you simply copied them?

What if you create a new folder and move the content from the " imported" folder to the new folder? Does it work properly then?

T

TechInStLouis

I can try creating a new folder, however the user has approx. 30-40 IMAP folders we had to import offline, so having to move / recreate each folder could be a big pain if we have to go that route.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Are all of the folders experiencing the same problem?

Have you tried renaming the OST file in Outlook and creating a new one?

T

TechInStLouis

I attempted to move the contents of one of the folders to a new folder under her INBOX and the new items still are now showing up.

Apparently Outlook does show the folder as containing IMAP items (even though they were imported offline), but it's the new (non-IMAP) emails that aren't showing up once moved into her mailbox.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Did you mean to say " now showing up" or " not showing up" ?

Did you try recreating the OST file?