Outlook - Printing - RTF Email Attachment Icon and Name Problems.

• Thread starter bender101
  • Start date Views 1,379
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bender101

OK

I just upgraded to Office 2010 from 2003, and have the following issue as well trying to print a RTF email

I receive the email, it has an attachment in the body of the message, it shows the icon and the filename.doc example

I try to print this email out, and when I print it the actual file name to the attach file is completly blacked out on the paper it printed on, but on the preview pane it looks fine

Also noting I have tried 3 other printers, and the same thing happens

I have pasted a link to a screen shot of the scanned email, I have blocked out some email names, for company security reasons, but the area at the bottom where the attachment is has not been modified at all,

Picture link => http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7898/screenshotjzu.png

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Does it happen with all the email attachments or with a specific attachment?

If the print preview is fine then it should be an issue with the printer. Try to print the email directly from the webmail and check how it works.

Also try to change the default printer to a different printer like generic, XPS printer or OneNote and see how it works. If it works fine with a different printer then you have to update the printer driver.

Check the link below for information on how to change the default printer in Windows XP:-

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/print_set_default_printer.mspx?mfr=true

Ganesh Kumar N

B

bender101

I tried printing from my work network printer, same thing, went home, printed same thing, then I called my local tech support for the company I work for, and they mapped a network printer in the office they work, and printed from my machine and the same thing is happening

I am in the mist right now of having my local helpdesk re-install Office 2010, we shall see what they come up with once this is re-installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.