Recover my outlook profile and personal folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baconi

I downloaded Ofice 2010, but had a problem with setup. Office would not run. I tried to remove the program received an error message that langue was not recongnized by the computer. I changed the name of the setup file then reinstalled form a disc. It worked but everytime I went ot outlook it would configure the files. I removed Office 2010 and reinstalled Office 2007. I get error message there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft outlook and set as the default mail client.

I did this several times but still get the same message.

I removed my outlook profile by mistake and added a new one now I can't find any of my Personal folders nor my old inbox files.

Can the files be recovered

V

Vinay - G

Even if you delete the profile your personal folders will still be in your computer. The location of PST files in windows XP is:-

C :\-> Documents and settings->username->application data-> Microsoft->outlook.

Click on file->Open->outlook data file->browse to the location->click on the PST file->Click Open.

After the PST file is open in the new profile you can set it as the default PST by clicking on File->Data file Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.