Multiple email addresses (Outlook 2002). All emails (both addresses) go into the one inbox. How do i

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard Leslie

I have created two email addresses via my service provider and have managed to set up two seperate profiles so that when i start Outlook I am propted with a drop down list.

However this is my problem:

Sending from the second email address is not a problem (it gets sent and it shows the correct name). However when anyone sends an email to this address it actually goes into the inbox of the default (first) email address.

Two questions: How can i get emails to go into the correct inbox (therefore keeping the two emails seperate) and secondly, is there a way to have both email addresses in the folders list (being able to select between the two) - therefore eliminating the need to swap between profiles all the time?

Cheers :)

G

Gordon B-P

Do these " separate" email addresses have the SAME username and password? If they do then they aren't " separate" email addresses, but the second is an ALIAS of the first.If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

G

Gerard Leslie

Thanks for that. I will have a look at the link and see how I go! Last night after looking into this issue again i noticed that depending on which outlook profile i am currently logged into, that determines where the replies will end up - very bizzare!! Also in regards to Gordon B-P's question below, the emails have seperate user names and passwords. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
W One contact with Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 2
G Outlook Social Connector and multiple email addresses Using Outlook 3
J How do I send an email from multiple email addresses in Outlook? Using Outlook 3
L merge multiple email addresses to one pane Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2010 Spam Filter on multiple email addresses Using Outlook 4
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Multiple email accounts in outlook and multiple iphones Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
K Multiple page in new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Trapping AttachmentAdd in VBA does not handle multiple email instances Using Outlook 1
C Multiple domains into one email account Using Outlook 1
M Getting messages from multiple email address Using Outlook 1
P Handling Multiple eMail Accounts Using Outlook 2
J multiple email accounts, but only want to pull from two Using Outlook 1
S Help with multiple email accounts Using Outlook 5
J Help I have multiple email address for contacts and some are typos Using Outlook 1
S multiple recipients on one email:__ Using Outlook 2
S Multiple corporate email accounts on a smartphone Exchange Server Administration 2
M Multiple email users on one computer user - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2003 cannot set unique email signatures for multiple profiles and accounts. Using Outlook 1
B Same Email Address used by Multiple Users - GAL Exchange Server Administration 6
O email sent multiple times to the recipients Using Outlook 1
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Problems with multiple signatures for multiple email accounts Using Outlook 1
T How do I get multiple pop3/smtp email accounts to point to the Default Personal Folder in Outlook 20 Using Outlook 5
T Multiple email folders in outlook. options causing confusion Using Outlook 1
C How to Sync Outlook Email Folders, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Tasks Across Multiple Windows 7 Computers Using Outlook 1
D Adding Multiple POP 3 Email Accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail To My Hotmail Account Using Outlook 1
A How to change the email address of someone in multiple contact groups Using Outlook 2
G Hosting multiple email domains for receive and send, within a single AD? Exchange Server Administration 3
M Sending email via Outlook to Multiple Undisclosed Recipients Using Outlook 1
A How configure outgoing email address for Calendar when have multiple email accounts? Using Outlook 2
E sharing outlook with multiple computers and multiple email accounts. Using Outlook 1
S Multiple email accounts Using Outlook 4
J How do I send an email to multiple groups that I have not created, but that have been shared with me? Using Outlook 1
J How can I send an email to multiple groups that I have not created, but that have been shared with me? Using Outlook 1
P Receiving multiple Mail Delivery System Errors. (Never sent email) Using Outlook 3
L How do you remove duplicate contacts when sending an email to multiple distribution lists? Using Outlook 2
J Exchange 2010 - Email attachments sending to multiple userts Exchange Server Administration 3
L Setting up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
S How do you combine multiple email accounts when the "change folder" button is missing in Outlook 201 Using Outlook 1
A customizing email sent to multiple recipients? Using Outlook 2
S Have Outlook 2010 start with multiple email accounts expanded in the navigation pane Using Outlook 1
S Receiving multiple email in PST outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M How to add multiple contacts directly from To List of an email Using Outlook 4
L Recipients receive multiple copies of email Using Outlook 2