Multiple email addresses (Outlook 2002). All emails (both addresses) go into the one inbox. How do i

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard Leslie

I have created two email addresses via my service provider and have managed to set up two seperate profiles so that when i start Outlook I am propted with a drop down list.

However this is my problem:

Sending from the second email address is not a problem (it gets sent and it shows the correct name). However when anyone sends an email to this address it actually goes into the inbox of the default (first) email address.

Two questions: How can i get emails to go into the correct inbox (therefore keeping the two emails seperate) and secondly, is there a way to have both email addresses in the folders list (being able to select between the two) - therefore eliminating the need to swap between profiles all the time?

Cheers :)

G

Gordon B-P

Do these " separate" email addresses have the SAME username and password? If they do then they aren't " separate" email addresses, but the second is an ALIAS of the first.If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

G

Gerard Leslie

Thanks for that. I will have a look at the link and see how I go! Last night after looking into this issue again i noticed that depending on which outlook profile i am currently logged into, that determines where the replies will end up - very bizzare!! Also in regards to Gordon B-P's question below, the emails have seperate user names and passwords. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.