I just purchased MS Office and am having a problem with Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GEO-EA

In Outlook 2010 I tried to move an email but did not set up the folder to move the email to first. When I moved it, the response I recieved was the email was saved to an "Other Folder" not listed above. I have searched but cannot find the email or the "Other Folder" How do I locate that email?

R

Ron of Canada

In Outlook 2010 I tried to move an email but did not set up the folder to move the email to first. When I moved it, the response I recieved was the email was saved to an "Other Folder" not listed above. I have searched but cannot find the email or the "Other Folder" How do I locate that email?

What Office did you buy?

Home and Student doesn't include Outlook.

Ron

G

Graham Mayor [MVP]

How did you move it without specifying a location?

<GEO-EA> wrote in message news:6fad1d24-ed2b-4a00-ac36-86d403fbb8cc@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
www.gmayor.com
Posted via the Communities Bridge
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

V

Vinay - G

Type the content of the email in the search pane and locate the email.

G

GEO-EA

While the email was open I clicked on move and inadvertently had the cursor on "other folder" and pressed enter. I have tried to search the email but it does not show up, the results comes back -0-

G

GEO-EA

I do not remember the content of the email so I searched by sender name but it was returned as "No items to show in this view"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B purchased 2010 office and downloaded on a new netbook last night. trying to set up email on exchange server and get not online not connected. is there Using Outlook 1
W Recently Purchased MS Office 2010 Home/Business specifically for the ability to sync my contacts with my phone. Using Outlook 3
R Why do i have a trial of outlook for my emails when we purchased Office HOME AND STUDENT 2010 and i thought it was not a trial Using Outlook 1
N Purchased Office 2010 Pro Plus - Outlook BMC - NOT THERE AND NO HELP Using Outlook 3
A I have purchased a replacement computer and installed Outlook 2010. My server is a 2003 small business exchange server. How can I access the calenda Using Outlook 1
S How do I set up more than 1 email account for Outlook 2007. Have recently purchased a laptop and want to be able to check all emails that come into t Using Outlook 2
C I have purchased Outlook 2007, now I find out that I need it with BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Can signatures synch to Office Portal Using Outlook 1
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
O Office 365 Outlook - mark to download Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Office 365 cloud based rules Using Outlook 1
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Office Outlook 365 home opens slower than a month ago Using Outlook 8
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
O Backup Office settings - registry key Using Outlook 5
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
J Out of Office, Delegate Using Outlook 1
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Just had to reinstall window 10 then Office and forgot how to control fonts sizes Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
B Search function in Office 365 has stopped working Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 cached mode crashing Using Outlook 0
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
P Oulook addin unloaded in office 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Help.... Office Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1