Array of Outlook 2007 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greatscott90

My outlook wasn't opening and giving me an error message so I run scanpst.exe. Outlook now opens, but has a number of errors. All of the email in my inbox has a line through the sender. The calendar is unusable as everyone's birthday is now listed on everyday. I cannot open the birthday appointment as I receive the error message: "Cannot open this item." My contacts are no longer in alphabetical order. I cannot delete a birthday within a contact as I get the error message "The path specified for the file C:\...outlook.pst is not valid." I went to Data File Management and the outlook.pst file is in the correct path. Also - my RSS feeds won't download.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

G

Greatscott90

I ran SCANPST again and there were errors. I ran it a third time and there were no errors. I opened up Outlook again and the same errors were present.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Try opening the data file in a new profile and check if you"re able to. If you"re not able to then the file might contain more errors. In such state, creating a new data file is the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.