Setting up Outlook to existing Microsoft Exchange account on new pc with new Windows 7 and new Offic

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trini01

Hi

Had no probs setting up my partner"s new laptop (with Windows 7 andOffice 2010) to a POP account. On my new pc I"ve used Mail in Control Panel to set up a new profile and then configured the new mail account settings to my Microsoft Exchange account using all my service providers info re exchange proxy settings etc. The Wizard tells me all complete and successful but when I try and open Outlook programme a dialogue pops up saying " No Microsoft Outlook Profiles have been created. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start then............" . Basically leads me back to do what I've just described above! Can't seem to get past this - done all the normal checks including reloading Office, you name it - oh and the account works fine on my laptop which is Vista and Office 2007. Any ideas...................?

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

If you go back into 'Control Panel|Mail|Show Profiles', is the profile you created listed? Which profile option do you have selected, " Prompt for a profile" or " Always use..." ?Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.