subject line on auto reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mamasinger7

We receive orders via email, and have set up an auto reply so the customer knows the order has been received. How do I set that auto reply so that the subject line is the same as the subject line in the original message?

S

Sachin Shetty

Check this link and create a rule to setup an automatic reply to the emails which you receive.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
the link is working here, but you only need it if you need help creating a rule that replies with a template.

Create a template containing the reply you want to send (use plain text format for the template). Then create a rule to reply with this template.

M

mamasinger7

The link works now, figures. BUT - still not the answer I need. I know how to set up the template. What I need to know ishow to get the subject line from the incoming email to show up on the subject line of the autoreply. I have set a subject on the autoreply. If I leave it blank will it default to the subject line from the incoming email? I have customers sending us orders with the order number in the subject line, and our auto reply is designed to give them an ETA on their orders BUT without the order number appearing in the subject line on the auto reply, they don't know which order the ETA applies to. Thanks in advance for helping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D VBA script to auto download attachments and rename file according to subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
K Auto enter subject line in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Change Subject Line in Selected Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
N Select Appointment subject line from combobox or list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Subject Line Automation - Trigger Script Delayed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Marco in search of text in subject line Using Outlook 8
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
C Outlook Subject Line Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can't see full text in From and Subject line Using Outlook 1
D dropdown list in new email in subject line Using Outlook 4
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Editing the Subject Line in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Aussie I Change the Subject Line ... but after it is moved the subject has reverted Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Add a file number or keyword to the subject line of messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O How to set subject line in replies using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA to prepend subject line Using Outlook 0
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
D VBA Code to strip Subject Line when replying or forwarding Using Outlook 3
D RTRIM a subject line for grouping purposes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Create Calendar Alert Event form Mail Subject line? Using Outlook 4
Phillip Strip Text from Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Autofill subject line in appointment from options selected in combobox Using Outlook 6
J Create an appointment from Contact list with the Company name in the Subject line Using Outlook 1
C Save outlook attachments and rename/append files with identifier from subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Need to extract a line from a word attachment, and add it to the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Point Subject Line to Data Field Using Outlook 1
M VBA code to save email attachments (PDF) as email subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Edit Subject Line of Meeting Invitation? Using Outlook 1
C Subject Line - Pull Down (Customizeable) Menu Outlook Wishlist 1
W Macro to add a word in Subject Line Using Outlook 1
A Change subject line of external software using outlook. Using Outlook 1
F VB Script, remove text from subject line when forwarding Using Outlook 22
A Adding text to the subject line Using Outlook 1
V Encoding problem in subject line Using Outlook 0
S Macro to create a new folder with subject line as the folder name Using Outlook 2
S Prompt to add for text to existing subject line before sending. Using Outlook 9
J Change the subject line of messages in public folders Using Outlook 3
J Public folders woes (script to change subject line of messages) Exchange Server Administration 0
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
C Automating subject line Using Outlook 1