OL 2007: rendering of certain HTML mail unbearably slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmo17

I am having trouble with an HTML mail that I received. It's a simple order confirmation (essentially the shopping cart of an order I just placed), but each time I try to open that mail, the rendering takes about 10 minutes.

At first I killed OL a few time thinking it had crashed until I realized: no, it's busy rendering that email! I don't know what this piece of $#!@ called OL is doing these 10 minutes, but it's definitely unacceptable!

This is OL2007 on Windows 7 ultimate.

Michael

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You might be able to see the problem if you view the message source, or set outlook to only display plain text.

Without seeing the source code, its hard to say what is wrong - but it could be heavily formatted (ie, lots of nested tables) or external content that its trying to download. Do you have external content set to download automatically? If so, disabling that option should help.

M

mmo17

Yes, it's formatted, but not heavily. Looking at it it's a single, relatively simple HTML table (a copy of the shopping cart of a product that I just ordered). I searched on the net and apparently it's a well-known issue that OL2007+ uses a stripped down version of Word as its email editor and that this SW has its issues with certain HTML emails, esp. tables.

Frankly: I hate the day on which I decided to upgrade to OL2007! My OL2002/XP had been getting a bit old but at least it had worked! In retrospect: there was not a single point that made this upgrade worthwhile! Instead I bought tons of issues (with the junk mail filter, that doesn't stop filtering although it shouldn't, with the import of vCalender attachments, the stupid new " ribbons" -UI, it's speed (or rather slowness) and now this!) and even some of the newly added stuff (like reading RSS feeds) doesn't work properly!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.