Set Outlook to open Inbox folder by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaled

When opening Microsoft Outlook how can it open in inbox instead of Personal folder. I tried to change default to inbox but it does not change, personal folder keeps coming up.
I would like to use Google as default, not MSN, I set up Google as default but it goes back to MSN all the time even after I save Google as default.

B

Brian Tillman

Click Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options and select the folder in which you want Outlook to start using the Browse button to the right of "Start up in this folder".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M "Cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened Using Outlook 1
K Getting this error message--Cannot open Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders can not be opened. Using Outlook 1
B OUTLOOK 2010 Set up wrong and now can't open application to fix it... Using Outlook 1
B Tried to set outlook and now all i get is box telling me I cannot open default email folder Using Outlook 2
M error message Cannot start Microsoft Office. Cannot open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cann Using Outlook 2
J cannot start microsoft outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opene Using Outlook 3
M Cannot Office Outlook. Cannot Open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cannot be opened. You m Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 2010 cannot open link when Firefox is set as default browser!!! Using Outlook 3
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot b Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010; How to set it to automatically open the next messsage Using Outlook 3
L I can't open the outlook... I was trying to set my hotmail acount in the Microsoft Exchange Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 'Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window. the set of folders cannot be oppened . The fils C:\Users\Ed\AppData\L Using Outlook 2
S Cannot start Outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The sertver is not available. Using Outlook 2
S Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be Using Outlook 3
P Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be Using Outlook 12
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i How to set fonts for emails in all folders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook VBA to set current account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange account set-up missing in Outlook 2016 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M To set the storage folder for an outgoing Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
S Multiple Gmail account set up in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 - Set the category based on category of other emails in same conversatio Using Outlook 20
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
A set onedrive calendar as default in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
reefclaw Outlook 2013 Cannot set outlook.com account as default data file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Outlook 2013 Multi Accounts set Default different calendar Sender Using Outlook 2
S Outlook.com set up as EAS in Outlook 2013 – Emails can take up to 25 minutes to arrive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
P problem with set up group by conversation in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
S How to set up domain by default for connections by Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook contact, calendars, and tasks wont set up in icloud Using Outlook 4
C Set reminder time in custom form (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 - How to set the "send from diff email" as default? Using Outlook 5
J How to set a flag to follow up using VBA for outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
E Can't Set a Particular Account as an Outlook Data File Using Outlook 1
B Outlook connector only works when set to default Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
S How to set Company as default "File As" in Contacts for Outlook 2010 ? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003: Meeting Organizer will be set as always free or busy status Using Outlook 1
T Change from exchange server to pop when I set up outlook wrong Exchange Server Administration 1
B Notice to user of appt. set by person with permission to edit (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 7
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B set deafult view in public folder for all users from outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 Mutliple Exchange Accounts SET UP QUESTIONS Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2007 - Set account to send only with .prf file Using Outlook 1
T Outlook makes every appointment recurring and set to the current date/time Using Outlook 2