sent messages not saving, despite box being checked

• Thread starter snoBunni
  • Start date Views 885
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snoBunni

I have gone into my outlook 2010 Mail Settings and made sure that the box stating "save copies of sent messages" is checked. I have unchecked and exited and come back in and checked it. None of my emails are being saved after being sent. When someone replies to my message, I will receive a copy of my message along with theirs. This is the only way to see what I had previously sent to them. PLEASE HELP!

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

make sure you do not have RULES related to the sent mail (such as delete mail after sent)

update your office versions some fixes are there already for this problem

Also check the followingf

Click on Sent Items" folder. "View" --> "Current View" and ensure that the "Messages" is ticked Right Click on the "Sent Items" folder. Go to "Properties" --> "General" tab and ensure that the "Size" is "NOT 0

Otherwise, do the following

Create a new rule All sent mail To be moved to [sent items folder]

this will simply take everymail you sent and copy it there

If you have more than one account please repeate

Hope any of these will work

S

snoBunni

Thank You!
My Folder Size was 0.
So once I fixed that, I went to create a new rule, move messages sent to a folder
Then I check "sent to people" Step 1

Step 2 says edit the rule description
I clicked move to specified folder "sent Items"

And ding! -- A value in the 'Rule Description' box was not set. To set a value, click underlined words in the Rule description area. Well I've done this over ten times and I keep getting the same alert. I cannot save the rule!

Thank you for your help!!

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

I guess there is no error there. This always happens with me.

The Rules has different criteria depends on the contents used and selected

In you error it seems that you do not fill the lower part of the rule windows

Usually appears in blue.

Please look at the lower part in the window, click it and see what you have to fill there. (such as the specified folder name and the receipients.

Regards

S

snoBunni

I have clicked on the "specify folder" and specified Sent Mail, that folder will then be underlined and blue, and I will click on it.... Then I confirm the folder and click ok.. Then go to "next" or "finish" and I am alerted to an error I thought I corrected??

Status
Not open for further replies.