asking again, why am I getting weird thing when I want to paste in email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeffDavis

Well, this is still happening. Some Outlook setting is wrong. Maybe what type of email my Outlook is set up to create. When I reply to an email I have it put a copy of the email that I am replying to at the bottom of my new email. But if I right click on the new section and hope to chose "paste", it is not there! For some reason, the choices are just 3 - the two email signatures that I have created (simple text ones) or also a 3rd choice that just says Email Signature ... . Why is this happening?

Just more info - in the blue line at the top of the new email that I am creating by replying, it RE: subject line (KMM2593214V11520LIKM) - Message. My email editor is set to be my WORD 2003.

Can I give anyone any more info to have them help me solve this?

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

Try using paste by using [CTRL - V] While pressing CTRL key press V instead of pasting with the right mouse

Or use the main menu to paste, sometime in same editing placing when you click the right mouse you get a different menu dep. on the format of the text your are on.

Regards

J

JeffDavis

I can paste just fine if I go to Edit > Paste. But I really just want to figure out how to get back to the normal right-click pasting that I have always done. By the way ... I don't know what "dep" means, so please take that into account if you can still help me and are willing to try. Thanks!

H

Hassan El-Meligy, MSc

yep, nice to help

Try the following:-

Tools->Options->Mail Format->Editor Options The options of your Word 2003 pertaining to outlook 2003 will now appear Select Advanced Use smart cut and past sitting [button] Change the checkboxes and test the effect of that on the editing and the right mouse clikc

Also check (just in case) your mail signature

In most cases when you click the right mouse on a signature area (the cut and paste menu will not appear)

Please let me know if it helps

J

JeffDavis

I am not seeing the things that you mention. I don't see anything called Editor Options. When I click Mail Format tab, I only see 3 sections: Message Format, Stationery and Fonts, Signatures.

In the Message Format section, I see Compose In This Message Format: with HTML chosen. The other unused choices are Plain Text and Rich Text. Also, below that there is a box checked that says Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 To Edit Email Messages.

N

Niyamath Khan

You may uncheck the option "Use Word 2003 as an email editor" and verify if you are able to paste by right clicking.

If above steps does not help in resolving the issue then you may create Outlooknew profile to check if it helps.

J

JeffDavis

Wow - cool. That seems to have solved my problem! I will try it this way for a while a reply back if it ever does it again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 0
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Rupert Dragwater Outlook began asking for username and password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stompandgo Copied PST file asking for password - but I never created one?! Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2013 keeps asking for password Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2013 asking for outlook data file password, there is no password Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 intermittently asking for my login details Using Outlook 12
B Outlook 2010 asking for password constantly, won't accept correct one Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 keeps asking password after upgrade Exchange Server Administration 1
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 keeps asking and asking for password Using Outlook 6
L Inbox & Sent Mail to Trash--without asking. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 Windows 7 - multiple exchange accounts - asking for wrong credentials Using Outlook 2
A Asking for password with Outlook 2007 after restarting Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 3
M Our internet was disconnected and then reconnected now outlook is asking for user name and password. What we put in does not work. Using Outlook 1
G keeps asking for password Using Outlook 2
T Trying to install Outlook 2007, asking for Microsoft Exchange?? Using Outlook 2
J OAB Not Downloading + Mailbox Server asking for credentials Exchange Server Administration 6
K Client is asking-some emails to use microsoft exchange but not all- Is that possible. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Express 6 keeps asking me for my password on sending... Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2010 keeps asking for credentials Using Outlook 6
E Outlook 2007 (OWA) Keeps asking for Password!!! Using Outlook 6
J Send Again NDR Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2016 occasionly asks for password again Using Outlook 1
Aalishaan Outlook 2010 Updating Inbox starts again Using Outlook 0
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
V iCloud stops syncing again Using Outlook 2
G opening Outlook again after closing closing? Using Outlook 0
P Messages stuck in outbox and must be sent again. Using Outlook 1
M Resetting Outlook 2010 32 bit and restarting all over again. Using Outlook 1
B Getting: Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later. Using Outlook 0
C 452 4.1 1. requested action aborted:try again later, too many recipients Using Outlook 4
K Exchange 2007 user can't receive mails without going offline and then online again Using Outlook 8
S smtp error when password changed but works again with old password Using Outlook 1
F Messages take long to appear, rules (here they come again) don't work, sent messages aren't saved Using Outlook 8
V Incoming message too large to receive in Outlook 2007 - how to delete it so both send/receive again Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 at odd times shuts down then states it is looking for problem then starts up again Using Outlook 1
T already delivered mails are getting again Using Outlook 7
B Having trouble with an Outlook Profile. Can I uninstall Outlook 2010 and install it again? Using Outlook 11
M Could not authenticate Against the Windows LiveID service. Please try again Using Outlook 1
D when trying to send mail a box comes up entitled: ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD and keeps returning over & over again even if I shut computer down Using Outlook 1
F A dialog box is open, close it and try again. Don't see any dialog box open. Using Outlook 5
H get error message on sign off, an unexpected error has occurred. Setup can not continue. Please close and try again. Using Outlook 1
L ox80041059 - cannot set up (again) my msn.com email in Outlook Using Outlook 6
T Sync error! Again ! Using Outlook 9
J Outlook 2003 personal folder downloading from Exchange 2003 Some email blank, some email ok, but when return to read again some are blank. Using Outlook 3
J The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later Exchange Server Administration 2