can send but not receive e-mails

• Thread starter nassus
  • Start date Views 635
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nassus

I am using outlook 2010 on window 7. It had been working fine and then I stopped being able to receive e-mails but could still sent them. I uninstalled and reinstalled outlook connector - no success.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

This is a Hotmail account? Do you get an error message of any kind? Do you have the most recent Hotmail Connector (14.1) installed? Do you have Symantec antivirus scanning your incoming e-mail?

N

nassus

Thanks for responding. The funny thing is that I had upgraded from outlook 2007 and everything was working just fine. Then I got this problem. Then it started working again by itself. And then about 5 days later, this problem started again. Why would it work and then not and then work again and then not? I did not do anything different.

It is a hot mail account. How do I check to see if I have the latest connector installed? And if I don't, what is the best way to get that done?

Yes - error message is two fold - Network operation failed. And then "there was a problem synchronizing your folder hierarchy (8004103a).

I do have norton 360.

N

nassus

I had already downloaded the latest version of connector. That also included uninstalling it and reinstalling it. No luck. I also was mistaken. I don't have Norton antivirus loaded. It is microsoft essentials.

Other suggestions?

N

nassus

I have questions and need guidance because I just don't want to mess anything up and completely disable myself.

In the instructions, it provides the following steps...you will see my questions in capital letters.

In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, clickPrompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then clickOK. WHAT DO/SHOULD I PUT HERE. IT GIVES NO GUIDANCE In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then clickNext. AND WHEN I GET HERE - WHAT DO/SHOULD I PUT? Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next. Click Finish, and then click OK.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

I have questions and need guidance because I just don't want to mess anything up and completely disable myself.

In the instructions, it provides the following steps...you will see my questions in capital letters.

In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, clickPrompt for a profile to be used, and then clickAdd. In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then clickOK. WHAT DO/SHOULD I PUT HERE. IT GIVES NO GUIDANCEIn the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then clickNext. AND WHEN I GET HERE - WHAT DO/SHOULD I PUT?Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next. Click Finish, and then click OK.

#2: Just give it a name. Doesn't matter what. Call it "Test" if you want to.

#3. That's where you set up your Hotmail account. It'll ask for your name, e-mail address, password, etc. Fairly self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.