Outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive for unread AOL IMAP messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CBenslay

I am using Outlook 2007 on a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7. Recently Outlook has started hanging at around 68% during the send/receive of AOL IMAP messages. After some discovery on my part I determined that it only occurs when there are unread messages. I ran Scanpst and disabled my AVG with no luck. So, I logged onto AOL and marked all of the messages as read, restarted Outlook and it loaded everything just fine. It has done it 3 days in a row. It just started within the last week or so. Also, I created new profiles a few days ago with no luck either. I know I need to get rid of AOL! I have had it for years and do not use it as my main email anymore. Thanks for any help!

C

CBenslay

Thank you Ben! I have never heard of safe mode for Outlook, but it worked. I don't know what the problem is, but that seems to have worked for now... Any idea how to determine the problem?

Thanks again!

Chuck

C

CBenslay

It works when I run it in Safe Mode, but I have noticed it slows down considerably where it used to stop completely in Regular Mode. It seems to be slowing when it ntifies me that I have new mail with an envelope icon in the bottom task bar in Windows 7.

Thanks,

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.