Email stuck on outbox and will not send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cdavis45

Email stuck on outbox and will not send. What can I do? I have tried to select send/receive, it goes though the process and says complete, but email still not sending.

C

cdavis45

I have tried to clear it and resend it. It still gets hung up. No attachments, just short messages. I deleted my deleted folders, junk mail folders, and cleared my inbox down to less than 100 emails as well.

I have recreated the emails and will not send. Doesn't matter if I create a new one, they all get stuck and will not send. I have 2 waiting now and have been there in the outbox for 2 days.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What kind of e-mail account is this? POP3/IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

Do you have Norton scanning your outgoing mail? If so, I'd disable that (you may have to actually uninstall/reinstall Norton without the mail scanning module) as it can cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P OL 2007 XP email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 3
D Email stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 3
G Email stuck in Outbox - Office 2013 Using Outlook 5
N Email Stuck in Outbox - Cached Mode - Roaming Profile Using Outlook 2
D Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 - email gets stuck in Outbox Using Outlook 2
S outbox is stuck sending an email. Using Outlook 1
A An email is stuck in my outbox Using Outlook 2
M Distribution lists not working, outlook will not open properly and email stuck in outbox. Using Outlook 3
D Email message gets stuck in Outlook 2007 Outbox Using Outlook 5
C Email stuck in Outbox and tries to keep sending. Using Outlook 1
S email stuck in outbox and sends repeatedly Using Outlook 9
S I am not able to delete an email stuck in my outbox. All of the various delete actions have been tried without success. Using Outlook 2
J email is stuck in outbox Using Outlook 2
S Having trouble with email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
C Deleting stuck email from Outlook 2007 outbox Using Outlook 1
C Email stuck on outbox Using Outlook 1
J video email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
C Tried to send an email with attachments that were too large and not it is 'stuck' in my outbox. Using Outlook 1
W email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 6
H Email stuck in Outbox and cannot delete it. Using Outlook 3
T how do I delete email from outbox...they are stuck Using Outlook 1
M deleting an unsent email that is stuck in the outbox Using Outlook 0
P Email is getting stuck on outbox in outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
3 email with photos is stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
M large emails stuck in outbox, receiver keeps getting the same email Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007: email sporadically stuck in outbox Using Outlook 4
M I have an email with photo attachment stuck in Outbox. When I try to delete it says, "THis item coul Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2003 Email stuck in Outbox when using a non-admin ID Using Outlook 6
T Add-in problem: First email in outbox gets stuck Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A email stuck on send Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2003, email stuck in send mode, cannot delete Using Outlook 1
S 35MB email stuck in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
C I have an email stuck in my outlook out box and the system will not let me delete it. How do I remove it? Using Outlook 1
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1