Problem sending emails with attachments over 5 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

easygeeze

Hi

I keep getting the following message"5.1.0 - Unknown address error 552-'5.2.0 DLBQ1f03b5Hoaeu01LBRee message size is too big" I've uninstalled my Norton anitvirus and tried again with the same outcome, reading through the forums they seem to propose that the file size limit is an ISP /ESP problem. I've spoken to my provider who is adamant that they set no limit whatsoever, I've run MS office diagnostics with no problem reported, my .pst file is compacted and 548mb in size. I can send emails with up to 5mb via myweb based email account but they specify that 5mb is their limit which would seem to point the problem at MS Outlook. I've tried everything I can think of but have now turned full circle. I'm using Win7 Pro 64 bit with Norton Internet Security 2011 as my AV

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Is your web-based email account the SAME account you're connecting with Outlook to?

These errors are almost ALWAYS ISP issues. The other possibility is that the person you're sending the message to has an ISP that limits the size of INBOUND messages.

E

easygeeze

I've used the same ISP for for both original tests and I've tried sending the email to another pop 3 account I have with a different ESP and once again I was unable to send it. Talktalk is adamant that there are no size limits on my account, it looks like the error code is being generated by Outlook but I can find no reference to it anywhere on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Problem when sending emails from Adobe Acrobat Reader Using Outlook 1
A Problem with sending attachments emails !? Using Outlook 4
M Problem when sending emails Using Outlook 10
M Re: Problem when sending emails Using Outlook 2
A Problem sending emails and integration with CRM Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
I Problem with sending emails with attachments containing multiple pages. Recepients receiving only the first page of the attachment. Using Outlook 1
I Problem with sending emails on Outlook. 'Cannot open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message.' Please help! Using Outlook 1
L Problem with Deleting Emails...now with Sending too! Using Outlook 0
J My Microsoft Office Outlook Outbox is not sending any emails. Can someone help me to activate the Outbox or help me fix the problem. Using Outlook 8
K Outlook 2010 - sending pdf about 8 MB problem Using Outlook 2
E Outlook invitation request mail sending twice problem Using Outlook 1
J I have a sending problem wit hotmail Using Outlook 4
L Sudden problem with sending receiving att.net e-mail account accessed through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
V Exchange 2010 - problem sending mail from one server Exchange Server Administration 5
M Problem with Outlook 2007 - hotmail not coming in, difficulties sending out, many many other problems Using Outlook 4
J TROUBLE SENDING EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK, NO PROBLEM RECIEVING WHEN WORKING FROM OUT OF TOWN Using Outlook 1
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
D Problem sending PDF document from Outlook 2010 to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 1
D Automatic respond for sending mail problem Exchange Server Administration 4
D Outlook 2003 Sending problem. Using Outlook 7
P Very weird problem with Outlook sending to wrong Email Using Outlook 1
B problem sending e-mails generated traveling on road utilizing various wireless networks Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Problem - Cannot receive mail, no problems sending mail - only on one computer Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 sending email problem Using Outlook 2
S Problem in sending e-mail, outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
A Problem with MYOB sending mail Using Outlook 6
M Problem sending e mail Using Outlook 2
C Problem sending e-mail. Using Outlook 1
I MS Outlook 2010 mail sending problem. Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 is hanging up today on sending and receiving on both computers, locks up outlook. No problem with the internet, I use AOL email Using Outlook 1
A Sending reported error (0x800ccc0f): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem c Using Outlook 2
P I have the same problem with sending email to specific people Using Outlook 2
H Problem sending email from Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 0
U outlook 2007 sending problem Using Outlook 0
S Intermittent sending of email problem, restart of Outlook clears issue. Using Outlook 5
D Problem sending mails after migration. Ciphers used in TLS with SM Using Outlook 0
V problem with sending email messages Using Outlook 4
R Problem with sending mail to an accepted domain, Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
W Problem with Exchange sending text message notifications Exchange Server Administration 4
N Automating Outlook 2007 problem with sending mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Problem Sending E-mail with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Problem with custom form including _DocSiteControl1 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2