Remove or Disable Suggested Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dp07

Please post how to remove or disable the Suggested Contacts feature. I don't use it, nor want it.

When I click on it to see what it does, nothing happens - I can't even select it... so it is really just a space waster.

B

Brian Tillman

Click the File tab, then Options. Select the Contacts category and uncheck " Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients what do not belong to an Outlook Address Book" . That will disable the Suggested Contacts feature. Then empty the Suggested Contacts folder and you don't be bothered again. Note that you will not be able to delete the Suggested Contacts folder itself.

D

dp07

Thanks Brian. I cannot select the Suggested Contacts folder. If I am on the Inbox, and I click Suggested Contacts, nothing happens and I stay on the Inbox.

G

Guruprasad Ra

To disable suggested contacts, you have to follow the steps as suggested by "Brian" and there is no such option to delete the suggested contact folder.

1. Open Outlook and click File and Options

2. Next click the contacts tab

3. Uncheck "Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients that do not belong to an outlook address book"

Status
Not open for further replies.