in box removing read and unread emails,

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skbam

Thanks Ben and yes, you are right , MS is for lawyers. The other thread for emails being removed does not address unread as well as read emails. Google shows these issues dating back to 2004 but not much more help. After updating to 2010 I added a second account which is the one dropping emails from the in box. Sent messages are remain visible. Fortunately I can still read the dropped emails on my i phone.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

You need to understand that there are THOUSANDS of "other threads" in these forums and a great deal of them deal with questions about e-mail going missing. So there's really no way for us to have any idea what "other thread" you're talking about.

So, let's try to clearly define (and hopefully resolve) your problem.

You're running Outlook 2010. What kind of e-mail accounts are you using it with? POP3? IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

What do you mean by "dropping emails from the Inbox"? Do the messages ever appear in the Inbox? Are there messages that were in the Inbox but have now disappeared? What kind of phone do you have that you're reading the messages on? How do you have the phone configured to get the e-mail?

As a wild guess, which is all I can offer based on so little information, it's possible that your "second account" is an IMAP account and your phone is using POP3 and downloading the mail without leaving a copy on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 5
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
CWM030 Call me old if you want. OL 2016 font size out of the box. Using Outlook 3
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
E Don't want Inbox shown when login box is shown Using Outlook 1
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Using Data From Combo Box in Appointment Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A GetSelectNamesDialog Pre-fill search box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
P Custom Outlook form_Validations in combo box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
K Sharedmail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Outlook Suggestion Box at Uservoice New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Emails do not appear in Sent box! Using Outlook 4
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
A From box in custom outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
L An () has been inserted after the address in an address box; how do I remove them. Using Outlook 1
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment Using Outlook 1
moron save as & file location dialog box popup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ross Garvey Dialogue box opens as I exit Using Outlook 2
P BCM 2013 Contacts Form Drop Down Box Bug BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
G Enter Network Password box pops up every few seconds Using Outlook 2
S Outlook form - Combo box for deciding who to send form to Using Outlook 1
V In Box Issues Using Outlook 1
S 2010 outlook today looks like an empty email box Using Outlook 4
S Custom yes/no message box. Using Outlook 0
L Auto-set followup/reminder popup box for ALL sent emails. Using Outlook 0
P VBA for Dialog Box when sending Email Using Outlook 8
V Clicking box to delete junk mail doesn't stay Using Outlook 2
M Send receive Progress Box Using Outlook 4
M How do I link a drop down box to a percent complete box Using Outlook 4
B In Box Empty Using Outlook 5
M details with the combo box Exchange Server Administration 3
L Combo Box Using Outlook 157
M Preventing conversation from moving to the top of the message box? Using Outlook 7
A Dialogue box 'Do you want to save this file?' Save or Cancel From: C:\Users\Ad Using Outlook 5
S OL 2007 user typing. into file box results in .htm.msg Using Outlook 5
K Need to get OOO messages more than once for the same email box Using Outlook 2
O Search Address Books Box Using Outlook 1
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
I Notification/Popup Box not showing on right side Using Outlook 1
O "Replied" messages not in "sent" box, but are appearing in my "inbox" from me Using Outlook 1
T In box meassages disappearing Using Outlook 3