=?windows-1256?Q?Send_multiple_emails_based_on_employee_using_Microso?==?windows-1256?Q?ft_Access_20

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mp80237

I have a query in Microsoft Access 2007. I need to email each

employee every week their open orders that need to be updated. There

are about 120 employees I need to send these updates to every Friday.

Is there a way to create a query and just send each employee there

order that needs to be updated thru Outlook?

OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status

1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open

2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open

3 02/28/2009 03/17/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open

4 03/05/2009 03/20/2009 Rebecca McMillian rmcmillian@company.com Open

5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open

6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open

7 03/07/2009 03/25/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open

**For example Patrick's email will state:

Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues

please contact your manager.

OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status

1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open

5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open

Thank you,

**Then another email will follow for Greg

Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues

please contact your manager.

OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status

2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open

6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open

Thank you,

---- Is there a way to do this without creating a macro for each

employee? Thank you so much for the help. I am sure I would need to

create a ODBC which is fine, I have one going from the read only SQL

server to Access. Any help is greatly appreciated.

M
 
S

Sm9obiBLLg

RE: Send multiple emails based on employee using Microsoft Access 2007

I'm not sure if this is a solution for you but you could perhaps do a mail

merge in Word with your query as the data source. (You can do a mass email

as a mail merge).

Place the fields where necessary (perhaps in a table) add any text you need

and complete the merge.

A cautionary note - when you complete the merge the emails are sent so make

sure things are as you want them before you merge.

Perhaps this might prove easier than wrting some code to accomplish your task.

Just a thought...

John

"mp80237" wrote:



> I have a query in Microsoft Access 2007. I need to email each
> employee every week their open orders that need to be updated. There
> are about 120 employees I need to send these updates to every Friday.
> Is there a way to create a query and just send each employee there
> order that needs to be updated thru Outlook?

> OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> 3 02/28/2009 03/17/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open
> 4 03/05/2009 03/20/2009 Rebecca McMillian rmcmillian@company.com Open
> 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> 7 03/07/2009 03/25/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open

> **For example Patrick's email will state:

> Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> please contact your manager.

> OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open

> Thank you,

> **Then another email will follow for Greg

> Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> please contact your manager.

> OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open

> Thank you,

> ---- Is there a way to do this without creating a macro for each
> employee? Thank you so much for the help. I am sure I would need to
> create a ODBC which is fine, I have one going from the read only SQL
> server to Access. Any help is greatly appreciated.

> M
>
 
M

mp80237

Re: Send multiple emails based on employee using Microsoft Access2007

On Mar 25, 11:46 am, John K. <Jo...> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a solution for you but you could perhaps do a mail
> merge in Word with your query as the data source.  (You can do a mass email
> as a mail merge).
> Place the fields where necessary (perhaps in a table) add any text you need
> and complete the merge.
> A cautionary note - when you complete the merge the emails are sent so make
> sure things are as you want them before you merge.  
> Perhaps this might prove easier than wrting some code to accomplish your task.
> Just a thought...

> John

> "mp80237" wrote:
>
> > I have a query in Microsoft Access 2007.  I need to email each
> > employee every week their open orders that need to be updated.  There
> > are about 120 employees I need to send these updates to every Friday.
> > Is there a way to create a query and just send each employee there
> > order that needs to be updated thru Outlook?

>
> > OrderId            OpenDate        DateNeededBy   EmployeeName            EmployeeEmail           Status
> > 1          02/9/2009       03/05/2009      Patrick Gidding         pgidd...@company.com    Open
> > 2          02/21/2009      03/25/2009      Greg Barlett            gbarl...@company.com    Open
> > 3          02/28/2009      03/17/2009      Karen Sapp              ks...@company.com       Open
> > 4          03/05/2009      03/20/2009      Rebecca McMillian       rmcmill...@company.com  Open
> > 5          03/06/2009      03/16/2009      Patrick Gidding         pgidd...@company.com    Open
> > 6          03/06/2009      03/21/2009      Greg Barlett            gbarl...@company.com    Open
> > 7          03/07/2009      03/25/2009      Karen Sapp              ks...@company.com       Open

>
> > **For example Patrick's email will state:

>
> > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > please contact your manager.

>
> > OrderId            OpenDate        DateNeededBy   EmployeeName            EmployeeEmail           Status
> > 1          02/9/2009       03/05/2009      Patrick Gidding         pgidd...@company.com    Open
> > 5          03/06/2009      03/16/2009      Patrick Gidding         pgidd...@company.com    Open

>
> > Thank you,

>
> > **Then another email will follow for Greg

>
> > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > please contact your manager.

>
> > OrderId            OpenDate        DateNeededBy   EmployeeName            EmployeeEmail           Status
> > 2          02/21/2009      03/25/2009      Greg Barlett            gbarl...@company.com    Open
> > 6          03/06/2009      03/21/2009      Greg Barlett            gbarl...@company.com    Open

>
> > Thank you,

>
> > ----  Is there a way to do this without creating a macro for each
> > employee?  Thank you so much for the help.  I am sure I would need to
> > create a ODBC which is fine, I have one going from the read only SQL
> > server to Access.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

>
> > M-




Any idea how I would do that?

Thanks, M
 
S

Sm9obiBLLg

Re: Send multiple emails based on employee using Microsoft Access

For Word 2003 see this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA010349201033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051872571033.aspx

For Word 2007 see these

http://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/48542.pdf

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294694

Hope these help

"mp80237" wrote:


> On Mar 25, 11:46 am, John K. <Jo...> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this is a solution for you but you could perhaps do a mail
> > merge in Word with your query as the data source. (You can do a mass email
> > as a mail merge).
> > Place the fields where necessary (perhaps in a table) add any text you need
> > and complete the merge.
> > A cautionary note - when you complete the merge the emails are sent so make
> > sure things are as you want them before you merge.
> > Perhaps this might prove easier than wrting some code to accomplish your task.
> > Just a thought...
> > John
> > "mp80237" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a query in Microsoft Access 2007. I need to email each
> > > employee every week their open orders that need to be updated. There
> > > are about 120 employees I need to send these updates to every Friday.
> > > Is there a way to create a query and just send each employee there
> > > order that needs to be updated thru Outlook?

> >
> > > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > > 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidd...@company.com Open
> > > 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarl...@company.com Open
> > > 3 02/28/2009 03/17/2009 Karen Sapp ks...@company.com Open
> > > 4 03/05/2009 03/20/2009 Rebecca McMillian rmcmill...@company.com Open
> > > 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidd...@company.com Open
> > > 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarl...@company.com Open
> > > 7 03/07/2009 03/25/2009 Karen Sapp ks...@company.com Open

> >
> > > **For example Patrick's email will state:

> >
> > > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > > please contact your manager.

> >
> > > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > > 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidd...@company.com Open
> > > 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidd...@company.com Open

> >
> > > Thank you,

> >
> > > **Then another email will follow for Greg

> >
> > > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > > please contact your manager.

> >
> > > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > > 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarl...@company.com Open
> > > 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarl...@company.com Open

> >
> > > Thank you,

> >
> > > ---- Is there a way to do this without creating a macro for each
> > > employee? Thank you so much for the help. I am sure I would need to
> > > create a ODBC which is fine, I have one going from the read only SQL
> > > server to Access. Any help is greatly appreciated.

> >
> > > M-

>


> Any idea how I would do that?

> Thanks, M
>
 
B

bXA4MDIzNw

RE: Send multiple emails based on employee using Microsoft Access

Hello,

I did a mail merge but it only does one record at a time. Do you know of a

way to group? That way that one person is not getting 16 emails when they

could just get one?

"John K." wrote:


> I'm not sure if this is a solution for you but you could perhaps do a mail
> merge in Word with your query as the data source. (You can do a mass email
> as a mail merge).
> Place the fields where necessary (perhaps in a table) add any text you need
> and complete the merge.
> A cautionary note - when you complete the merge the emails are sent so make
> sure things are as you want them before you merge.
> Perhaps this might prove easier than wrting some code to accomplish your task.
> Just a thought...

> John

> "mp80237" wrote:
>
> > I have a query in Microsoft Access 2007. I need to email each
> > employee every week their open orders that need to be updated. There
> > are about 120 employees I need to send these updates to every Friday.
> > Is there a way to create a query and just send each employee there
> > order that needs to be updated thru Outlook?
> > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> > 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> > 3 02/28/2009 03/17/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open
> > 4 03/05/2009 03/20/2009 Rebecca McMillian rmcmillian@company.com Open
> > 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> > 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> > 7 03/07/2009 03/25/2009 Karen Sapp ksapp@company.com Open
> > **For example Patrick's email will state:
> > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > please contact your manager.
> > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > 1 02/9/2009 03/05/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> > 5 03/06/2009 03/16/2009 Patrick Gidding pgidding@company.com Open
> > Thank you,
> > **Then another email will follow for Greg
> > Please review the open tickets below and if there are any issues
> > please contact your manager.
> > OrderId OpenDate DateNeededBy EmployeeName EmployeeEmail Status
> > 2 02/21/2009 03/25/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> > 6 03/06/2009 03/21/2009 Greg Barlett gbarlett@company.com Open
> > Thank you,
> > ---- Is there a way to do this without creating a macro for each
> > employee? Thank you so much for the help. I am sure I would need to
> > create a ODBC which is fine, I have one going from the read only SQL
> > server to Access. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > M
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 8
V Outlook 2021 Outlook-2021 (64-bit) and iCloud-for-Windows v13.0 - It Works Good. Using Outlook 12
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 and Windows 11 Using Outlook 4
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 11
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
B iCloud for Windows 11.2 disconnects by itself after 30-45 minutes Using Outlook 9
DoctorJellybean Windows Security Credentials appears once a day Using Outlook 2
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
O Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone... Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
R Outlook and the Windows 10 notification center Using Outlook 8
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Outlook 2300 and Windows 10 Using Outlook 2
I Outlook on Windows Phone - compressed images .emz Using Outlook 0
A open Outlook with multiple windows. Using Outlook 0
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F POPIP Windows for every new email Using Outlook 2
T Saving all email to file folder in Windows Using Outlook 2
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K VBA to move emails in folder to a windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
GregS No contacts sync from Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky iCloud, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10 Using Outlook 0
O Windows 10 x64 Outlook 2013 - URL does not open (anymore) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2007, windows 10 Font size Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Links Won't Open In Windows 10 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
billzant Windows 10 Outlook 16 and mail not working, encryption? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows Using Outlook 0
D Outlook (Office) 2007 & Windows 10 Pro Using Outlook 6
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0

Similar threads

Top