Can't type in message section of e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOMRSA

I cannot type in message section of email, when I try to reply to a message or send a new one. There is a red x in the upper left hand section of message box, I can't get a cursor when I click in this section, my company uses Outlook Express 2003, this problem occurs on new computer I recenly pyrchased and not on my old laptop running Windows XP and Internet explorer 7

P

PA Bear MS MVP

[You may be accessing your mail via Outlook 2003 & Outlook Web Access but you're not using Outlook Express in Win7.]

Try this seven-step fix: http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/windows-vista-webmail-owa-fix-for-internet-explorer-7-five-step-fix

NOTE: Ignore the references to IE7 & Vista. In fact, ignore EVERYTHING ELSE on that page except the seven-step fix. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS FOUND ON THAT PAGE!
~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Messages of type message/partial are not supported Exchange Server Administration 1
B Exception type: System.IO.IOException-Exception message: There is not enough space on the disk. when Using Outlook 2
Z I cannot type on Outlook's message body.__ Using Outlook 3
L unable to type a message in the message field Using Outlook 1
J "As the meeting organizer, you do not need to respond to the meeting" I get this type of message whe Using Outlook 7
K Re: Alert message every hour based on type/number of mail messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Encryption Type Error - Verizon and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C im getting a type mismatch error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Calendar appointment, type 2 Using Outlook 2
T issue changing [Type] in dbo.ContactMainTable/ contacts seem to be deleted BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Diane Poremsky Fix the Outlook Folder Type after Exporting an IMAP Account New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
L Font Type and Space Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 11 for Mac - Imap or Pop Account Type Using Outlook 6
F Change default value of date/time type from "None" to Blank Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Can't save font type in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
F "MSG" type attachments are stripped away when senand previewed with HTML tags. Using Outlook 3
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
V Type a contact to find NOT WORKING properly? Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 encrypted connection type choices, meaning of Auto? Using Outlook 0
T Have to type in login to OWA twice before able to login Using Outlook 17
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2010 Microsoft exchange server to pop account type switch? Using Outlook 2
S Type Randomly Enlarging in Email Messages in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
R Email type set to MAILTO Using Outlook 3
A Mapi session exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". Using Outlook 6
U 2 easy questions, Outlook 10 and an AOL IMAP type account Using Outlook 4
W Turn off "Replace text as you type" in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D cannot remove email account type = Microsoft Exxchange Using Outlook 3
F Outlook Attachment - warning to send specific type of file Using Outlook 2
2 TYPE YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD. Using Outlook 4
T Unable to change font type in email messages. Using Outlook 3
B I would like to change the font type, & font size globally for appointment notes that I allready hav Using Outlook 1
S When I type in a new email address, it no longer underlines it which means it cannot be sent Using Outlook 1
J Added Exch 2010 to 2003 envir. Mail to ext contact get "Body type not supported by Remote Host" Exchange Server Administration 4
S Cannot type in Body of email Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 keeps reseting when sending type a new email. Using Outlook 1
T How to stop outlook from auto populating names when i type email addresses Using Outlook 1
Z Exchange 2010 - Exchange 2003 Coexistence: Smtp-Clients gets NDR: 554 5.6.1 Body type not supported Exchange Server Administration 3
C why does my outlook keep on asking my a user password? Every 15 minutes i have to type in my passwo Using Outlook 1
C Nothing shows when I type a new e-mail? Just blank screen Using Outlook 1
B Need help getting my outlook to create web links automatically when I type in the web address Using Outlook 1
V I can't type outgoing mssg. in body. Color is blue. I can send and receive only to.. and subject: lines. I receive emails and attachments OK. Using Outlook 1
F type chaacters Using Outlook 1
B cannot type in my reply box Using Outlook 2
K I want to add a Email Type Field in the Address Book Using Outlook 1
T How to filter type of resource mailboxes for some cmdlet? Exchange Server Administration 3
P File Type Using Outlook 1
J I want use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my main mail application what kind of server type do i use, and how do I set it up Using Outlook 1