Outlook 2010 cannot receive email but can send email normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danilo8567

Could you please help me.

I have an outlook 2010 conneted to Exchange 2010. I am able to send email but it takes 40 minutes to receive email (sent to myself) even I tried to manually invoke the send/receive. If I will close/Open the outlook in just few seconds I am able to receive and see the late emails.

I tried and deleted the email profile and created a new one, the problem still the same. I deleted the user profile and created a new one, the problem is still the same.

My OS is Win 7 32bit.

Thanks,

danilo8567

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

How are you connected to the Exchange server? Are you on the local network? Connecting across Outlook Anywhere or a VPN from a remote site?

Are you using Exchange in cached mode?

What anti-virus software are you using?

D

danilo8567

The connection is via VPN from a remote site (SonicWall VPN) and the setting is cached mode.

The anti-virus installed is Vipre Enterprise. This is the first Outlook 2010 in the network, all other clients using Outlook 2003/2007 never encounter any problem.

Previously this user has his Laptop using Outlook 2003 then we replace his laptop loaded with Outlook 2010.

One more - Microsoft Security Essentials is also installed to this Laptop.

Thanks,

Danilo8567

D

danilo8567

One more very important factor the Exchange environment was migrated from 2003 to 2010. The migration comes first before the Outlook 2010 was implemented.

D

danilo8567

I stopped the Vipre and uninstalled the MS Security Essentials still the same. I tried and open in safe mode still the same. I used different Laptop and created user account and outlook profile, the issue still the same.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Do you get an error message or does it just complete and act like there were no new messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.