Problem with "User Account Control" on Microsoft Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hershel Parker

I have had Microsoft Outlook 2010 for a few months, replacing Outlook Express. Lately when I click on Outlook 2010 a box comes up headed " User Account Control" which asks me if I want to allow the following program (Outlook 2010) to make changes to my computer. If I say YES my Outlook 2010 opens. How do I get back to having Outlook 2010 open directly?

E

Ezil Vinoth

Check in safe mode:

Hold the Ctrl key and click on Outlook icon and open in safe mode, now check with Outlook. If you are able to work without any issues then it is due to add-ins you were not able to open. Follow the steps below and disable add-ins in Outlook 2010.

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on File> options> Add-ins

3. Click on "GO" beside Manage – COM Add-ins and uncheck the add-ins and click ok.

4. Close and open Outlook and check to open add-ins

Also check if Outlook is running in the compatibility mode.

In Windows 7 64bit -

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility with…” and check if Outlook is working.

In Windows 7 32bit -

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe > right click on it > properties > compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program in compatibility with…” and check if Outlook is working.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, create new profile and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Re: Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 0
T Problem with owa after new user with same username Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 2
M problem when i'm sending email with attachment in outlook 2007...sometimes the other user receive th Exchange Server Administration 1
J Exchange 2010 behind TMG 2010 - odd per-user problem Exchange Server Administration 4
G Problem when trying to disable user: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), dat Exchange Server Administration 3
R Problem setting rules Full Access rights user bij Auto Mapping Shared mailboxes feature Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange OOF / EWS Problem - The user and the mailbox are in different Active Directory sites Exchange Server Administration 16
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Problem with custom form including _DocSiteControl1 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
AbbieWhite The problem with a fairly large file. Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2013 Send problem - 'Not Responding' forever Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
EmelineGueguen Help to understand the problem of work Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 search problem persists after applying all known solutions Using Outlook 12
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
DruinaBiscardi unexpected problem in outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
Grimev66 problem with conversion ost to pst Using Outlook 2
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Problem with Outlook 2016 new mail tray icon alert (envelope in the systems tray) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A .ost file problem Using Outlook 4
G PROBLEM REGARDING OUTLOOK STORAGE LANGUAGES Using Outlook 4
PetraTech Odd Folder View Problem Using Outlook 3
V iCloud problem Using Outlook 9
D Reply Problem with Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
MattC Problem with Outlook 2007 & iCloud / duplicate tasks Using Outlook 1
V Problem moving folders Using Outlook 4
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Problem subscribing to shared calendar Using Outlook 1
K Problem with FreeBusy (before 1pm only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
skylark53 Advanced recurrence problem Using Outlook 2
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
D outlook 2013 contact list problem Using Outlook 0
T Problem with .Recipients.Add("alias") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Problem with Outlook 2013 Attachments Using Outlook 4
E Outlook 2007: Problem with "Move to Folder >" button on toolbar Using Outlook 6
D No problem ... at this minute, just thanking you for your help. Using Outlook 1
T Random problem in VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6