Outlook - problem with recurring error message!

• Thread starter chicagouser
  • Start date Views 782
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chicagouser

Keep getting Outlook error mesage, at regular intervals, even though I have done everything requested to set Outlook as default mail client!!! And I am able to send and recieve emails using Outlook, tied into my Yahoo account!

Pop up message:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Try the steps below and verify the issue.

Disclaimer: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk

Visit the link below for more information on registry back-up:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

1. ClickStart > All Programs > Accessories > Run

2. Type "regedit" and press ENTER

3. Locate the following subkey in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook

4. Once you have got Microsoft Outlook highlighted click on "Edit > Delete"

5. ClickYes and close the registry editor

6. Now repair the Office installation

R

Roady [MVP]

You get this when doing what exactly?

Are you perhaps using the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010 or the Click-to-Run version?
Install the 32-bit version of Outlook instead; it's currently the recommended version of Outlook 2010 even when you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.

For further details see; Outlook 2010: 32-bit or 64-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.