Can't find documents to send in outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dissed

The only way I can find documents to send through outlook is to use the email feature in office word, which will attach the document and message and send it to outlook.

Then i have to open outlook and it will now send automatically when it's opened.

But if I look for the document in outlook to attach a document it will not find the document even if I use the file search ?

Office 2007 small business, win-7 64 bit, home premium, hostmonster server.

It's just strange, any ideas ?

R

Russ Valentine

So exactly what happens when you click on Attach File in a new message window?Russ Valentine

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Are you able to locate the documents through Windows explorer?

The documents are usually saved under "Documents" folder which is the default location.

Say, you"re trying to open a document within office applications using "File > Open"; check if you are able to locate the documents.

D

Dissed

Oddly enough I hadn't tried to send anything because I wasn't able to find the attachment to send with the newly composed email, so I just canceled the email in outlook, went back to word and used the email feature in it and it was successful in sending it.

But after you asked what happens when trying to send from outlook from a new email message, I actually found one of the documents in a download folder and attached it and sent to my self on a gmail account, it did go through but after closing outlook there was a pop up that said,

You can not close office word because a dialog box is open ( I just closed outlook not word ) and select okay to switch to word to close the dialog box, so I click okay.

The dialog box shows word has encountered a problem, it has a help button so I click it,

There is a problem saving the file.

Usually this is because the disk or floppy disk is too small for the file or is full, RAM memory is low, or there is a permission problem with the drive the file is being saved to.(since this location is a download folder might be the problem)

If the amount of disk space for a paging file is low, save the file to another drive. If the RAM memory is low, increase available RAM. If permissions to the drive do not allow you to save to that drive, save the file to another drive or request permissions from the administrator to save files to the drive.( I've tried to save these documents to my documents folder that action only produces duplicate listings because they are already there)

Note: This error can also occur if the computer is running a version of antivirus software that is not compatible with the Microsoft Office system or needs to be updated. ( this could be possible, I got rid of norton lately this actually started after they had showed up on my tool bar in outlook but not in office word though ) I now have malwarebytes and stopsign, but the problem existed well before the switch.

Also I've been having problems with the clip board in office word as far as pinning documents to the board and being able to go back to these documents later, I find them in my documents and are listed on the clip board but when i select some of the documents they aren't found by office word,

I know at this point this is probably a office word problem, but with outlook working within word sending feature I'm seriously confused as to why no errors occurred sending from word

R

Russ Valentine

You've hinted at a lot of steps you've taken but provided no clear description.

Normally one creates the message first, then attaches the file using the "Attach File" dialog. If instead you've tried to send a document programmatically from Word, that is an entirely different question that you have yet to pose clearly enough for us to help. I suspect you tried to do so unsuccessfully so Word is still trying to send the document and throwng the error messages.

Try rebooting your machine or use Task Manager to end all instances of Word and Outlook.

Russ Valentine

D

Dissed

I use word because it's faster to find the document and it sends it through outlook,

In word, the email feature will open outlooks email window automatically attach the document and all I have to do is type in the email address and message, and sends perfectly, no errors, but I do have to then open outlook before it will actually send the message and document, outlook sends it automatically when it opens.

The problem is when I try to find the documents in outlook through conventional means, or as you describe which I used to do exactly as you suggest, because outlook is where all my contacts are stored, well plus in a gmail account as well.

I think it stems from where these documents are finally found at, my download folders ? which isn't the default location my documents is supposed to be the default location.

Document search will find these documents from the start button, but if these documents are listed on the clip board in word and all of them are on the clip board, the file can not be found ?

D

Dissed

It does find the documents with that search, and will send with the office word email function without a word error.

I only get a word error when I use outlook to find and send the documents ?

R

Russ Valentine

Sending from Word is still your best option then. Just make sure Outlook is already running with the correct default mail account before you do it.

It's always best to know where your documents are that you want to attach instead of having to search for them. You should be able to Browse to them readily.

Russ Valentine

D

Dissed

I agree word has been the work around in sending, finding documents has been very different than I'm used to.

I posted the question in the word forum maybe they can shed some light on how to get these documents read by word on the clip board where they are listed but not accessible or found from the clip board, without going to my documents or download folders and opening them there,

Because the clip board now has multiple listings of the same documents, so I unpin the one that word can not find and pin the one I opened from my user name folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.