Incoming message too large to receive in Outlook 2007 - how to delete it so both send/receive again

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vanadee

I have forwarded a file from my office computer to home - but it is too large for Outlook to receive. My Outlook is automatically forwarded to Hotmail, which did receive the file. I have deleted it from Hotmail, thinking that might help. I have also cleared as many old items in inbox to try to create enough space, but I still cannot send/receive - get to about 3.5 MB and then tells me I've lost connection

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

What kind of account is your home computer trying to download it from? POP3? IMAP? Hotmail? Exchange? Something else?

E

Ezil Vinoth

You can try to create a new PST file and make it default. This is to check if the outbox is damaged. Now try to send/receive and verify the status.

Create new PST file:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on Tools> email account

3. Click on Data Files tab and click on Add

4. Click on ok and click on ok again and restart Outlook.

To make the PST default:

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on Tools> email account

3. Click on Data Files tab and highlight the second PST file and click on "set as default"

4. Click on close and restart Outlook, the emails will come to new PST, delete the email if you receive and follow the steps again and set the old PST default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Incoming message lost in reply Using Outlook 2
K Cannot see who else incoming message is sent to. Using Outlook 1
R marking an incoming message when I am not in the 'To' or the 'Cc' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Capture incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P Use VBA to alert if new incoming email fits criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Delete selected text from incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
Danny2015 how to change incoming mail conversationtopic successfully Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox. Using Outlook 3
A Incoming mail not downloading Using Outlook 2
G Rule starting a VB macro against incoming email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Setup expire date for incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Some fonts the wrong size in incoming emails in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 6
C Mark all incoming emails as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
A Gibberish Titles & Attachments @ incoming Outlook 2013 emails Using Outlook 1
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
J How to sort incoming email that is sent to a different address to my main one? Using Outlook 1
M Incoming invites to my imap account does not sync to outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 29
S The incoming task is not valid ((when users are accepting a Task) Using Outlook 5
Commodore Unified inbox or incoming messages view Using Outlook 27
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
A Alerts on incoming emails which are not responded since 1 day Using Outlook 1
J Cannot read incoming emails Using Outlook 2
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
J Incoming emails going to wrong sub-folder Using Outlook 4
S Rule to Auto-forward/re-direct a specific incoming email to a group via BCC? Using Outlook 1
F How to change all incoming fonts to black? Using Outlook 3
T Unset alerts from incoming email Using Outlook 11
S Outlook incoming mail & color blindness Using Outlook 2
E Creating rules for incoming emails to be forwarded Using Outlook 2
H new incoming email going to CONTACTS folder?!? Using Outlook 2
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
J Why Doesn't some Incoming Gmail Doesn't Appear In Outlook? Using Outlook 9
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
R moving incoming items to public folder Using Outlook 3
D size of font on incoming e-mail Using Outlook 1
N Providing a reference to incoming mail in outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
williamlambton Filter which removes Display Names from incoming emails. Using Outlook 2
R have all incoming emails from same co. condensed under one name Using Outlook 2