CONTACTING SERVER...Message on Printing and forwarding certain html rich mails . How to disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JIGGELYPUFF

Environment: Exchange 2003 sp2 ,Windows 7 x64 Outlook2010 X86

On trying to Print or forward a HTML mail rich in links the message " contacting server..." or a varient come up constantly and the process wheter clicking cancel a whole lot of times or waiting for the checking to finish can take 3-7 minutes. On checking the html source and my firewall some of the links in the mail were inaccessable. I imagine this added to the long time it takes for the mail to show in print preview or forwarding. Slow internet access I imagine is also a factor.

And this is just on printing or forwarding one mail. Can this checking be disabled somehow. Please anyone help appreciated.

R

Roady [MVP]

Does this message contain a lot of Internet images? In that case, that is what is causing the delay.

If it just contains a whole lot of links, then Outlook is not likely the be the source of the issue. Which security suite are you using? Check and see if it contains a link checking or or other Outlook integration components and disable/uninstall the component and try again.

Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

Robert Sparnaaij

J

JIGGELYPUFF

Trend Micro Officescan.

Message has alot of links and images. Also when I looked at the source there was a URL being called which my firewall showed the connection was not successfully connecting to.

Is there not a way to switch the checking off completely? My Ceo get rather irritated if his mail takes long to print even though I have explained what is happening.

R

Roady [MVP]

By default this is already disabled and Internet resource are blocked from being downloaded automatically. When replying/forwarding/printing a message, you are being asked whether to get the external content or not.

You can control this via;

File-> Options-> Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings...-> Automatic Download-> option: Don't download picures automatically...

If it is URL checking, then you'll have to take a look at your installed security suite for options there.

Robert Sparnaaij

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Contacting <Server Name and Path> for Information When Adding Attachments Using Outlook 0
J Issues printing HTML emails - Contacting server for information Using Outlook 1
M trying to print emails but get Micorsoft Outlook contacting server for information Using Outlook 6
K Error Contacting RPC/HTTP Service error in Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 8
M Contacting server for information while printing HTML in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook clients get "Contacting the server for information" Exchange Server Administration 7
T Opening email causes "Contacting ..." message Using Outlook 1
Y BCM Contacting 2 or more contacts under one account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 Requesting data from server Using Outlook 0
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Name Server's Exchange Server Administration 15
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
M Problems Downloading Content from Server(s) Using Outlook 0
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Archiving Tools for Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 4
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server New Slipstick.com Articles 0
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
J IMAP server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Updates March 2016 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3
oliv- "Online mode with Exchange server" vs "online" Exchange Server Administration 2
W Deleting Emails from the Server in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
B Outlook not deleting messages from server Using Outlook 0
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Save Sent Items in Shared Mailbox using an Exchange Server Cmdlet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Leave mail on server when Outlook off Using Outlook 0
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
Ascar_CT Outlook.com transition to Exchange Server on the back-end Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0