Error when click on links in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trcampbell57

This is the error message I get when I try to click on a link in Outlook 2010.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I have tried many things and I cannot find what is causing this error. I just uninstalled Google Chrome prior to this problem occuring. I am not sure if that had anything to do with this error or not.

BTW – I am using the new IE 9 Beta. I have had other problems where I have to close IE or even reboot entirely to get IE 9 working again. And even worse I can"t even remove IE 9 Beta because it does not show in the programs list. This problem, however, just started yesterday and I installed IE 9 Beta several months ago.

Can someone please help me get this fixed?

V

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

See:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."
"... you may also need to change the HTM/HTML association in the registry.Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify... Change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile" (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile)

Repeat these steps for htm and .shtml keys if they exist. You may also want to check the xhtml and xhtm keys.

Don't want to edit the registry? Download this file (right click and choose Save target as...) Change the extension to reg and double click to run..."

Cf.:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."
-> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm#reg2

Read also this thread.

Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security since 2003.
Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums Italy
My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo

Status
Not open for further replies.