Error when click on links in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trcampbell57

This is the error message I get when I try to click on a link in Outlook 2010.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I have tried many things and I cannot find what is causing this error. I just uninstalled Google Chrome prior to this problem occuring. I am not sure if that had anything to do with this error or not.

BTW – I am using the new IE 9 Beta. I have had other problems where I have to close IE or even reboot entirely to get IE 9 working again. And even worse I can"t even remove IE 9 Beta because it does not show in the programs list. This problem, however, just started yesterday and I installed IE 9 Beta several months ago.

Can someone please help me get this fixed?

V

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

See:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."
"... you may also need to change the HTM/HTML association in the registry.Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify... Change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile" (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile)

Repeat these steps for htm and .shtml keys if they exist. You may also want to check the xhtml and xhtm keys.

Don't want to edit the registry? Download this file (right click and choose Save target as...) Change the extension to reg and double click to run..."

Cf.:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."
-> http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm#reg2

Read also this thread.

Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security since 2003.
Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums Italy
My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B When I try to click on links within an e-mail I received, I get this error message: 'This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effe Using Outlook 1
G When I click on any links in outlook I recieve the error message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please Using Outlook 1
A I am receiving an error message when I click on links within an email. Using Outlook 0
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
B Trying to restore data in Outlook and I get an error message to update the profile but when I click OK it takes me right out Using Outlook 7
M When I click a link in an email I get a error message Using Outlook 2
C CLICK TO FOLLOW LINK GIVES AN ERROR Using Outlook 2
T Hyperlinks in emails give error message when I click on them Using Outlook 2
J When I try to click on a link embedded in an email I get an error that says that computer restrictions prevent access. Call the system administrator Using Outlook 1
V I get an error message when I try to click on any link that is within an email I have received. Using Outlook 1
I Got Error - "can't contact LDAP Directory server" when click on "To" to get email address from my co Using Outlook 2
A This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer' error message when you click a hyperlink in an Office 2010 progr Using Outlook 1
A Error - 'the custom form cannot be opened' when click on any calender invite. Using Outlook 1
B When I click on Send/Receive, Outlook reports error code 0x00000e50 and closes. Using Outlook 17
K 'The Operation Failed' - error message when I click on send mail. Using Outlook 0
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
avant-guvnor Outlook.Application now produces error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Dennis Gaudenzi Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (mapi 0x80040604) Using Outlook 14
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3
Steshelter ICloud Unexpected Error Using Outlook 5
Rupert Dragwater "there was an error reading this theme" Using Outlook 3
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Vijay Error in rule- Run a script Using Outlook 1
B Automation error running VB macro code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Diane Poremsky The Attachment Size Exceeds the Allowable Limit Error New Slipstick.com Articles 0