Cannot send emails. Format suddenly changed.

• Thread starter BeenoToo
  • Start date Views 959
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BeenoToo

I don't know what I could possibly have done to Outlook. Yesterday I pulled in my emails and was going to reply to one, and noticed that on the email there was no "reply" "forward" or "send" tabs.

On the toolbar there is "reply", so I clicked that and was able to enter a reply, but still no "send" tab. If I go to "tools" and click "send", it does not send. When I click out of email it adds it to my "drafts" folder, but I cannot send any emails.

Also, the frame around the email looks almost "ghosted", like it is transparent.... HELP!

R

Roady [MVP]

Sounds like you haven't got an account configured or haven't activated Outlook yet.

Check your account settings via; Tools-> Account Settings...
Check if you have activated Outlook already; Help-> Activate Product...

B

BeenoToo

Thanks, Roady. I have been using this Outlook for several years now. I have not changed anything. Everything appears configured correctly and activated. Just suddenly, 2 days ago now, I go in and pull in emails, and this is what I have. Kinda mind-boggling.

I am not a techie, but am somewhat computer savvy. This Outlook supports 6 different email account, and the same is happening on all of them. If I go to my Yahoo account and open an email there, I can reply, etc. It is definitely an Outlook problem.

any other ideas are appreciated.

R

Roady [MVP]

Can you repro this issue in Outlook Safe Mode?
Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe
(note the space in the command)

If it works now, your issue is most likely caused by an add-in.
Which add-ins do you have installed?

Disable them all and see if the issue still occurs. If not, you can enable them one-by-one to find the culprit. For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

B

BeenoToo

Roady, none of the above worked. I guess I'll have to take the time to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook. Maybe that will help. If it does, I will post results.

Thanks anyway, and if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.