Messages being sent to drafts after sending

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FormerZeroCool

I have a user who uses several POP accounts on their client. When a message is sent from the client, sometimes the message sends, but is also sent to the drafts folder. (It doesn't do this with every email and cannot be duplicated on demand.) When you check the sent item time and the draft time, they both are showing the same times. End users are receiving the email, so my question is, why are some messages being sent and also saved in the drafts folders? It is affecting multiple POP accounts including the default one.

Windows XP SP3

Office 2K7 SP2

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Only saved and moved (moved manually) mails are usually seen in the Drafts folder.

Is this happening with all the mails that is sent?

If yes, then check for any rules that send a copy of the sent items to drafts.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Does it save the sent item to Drafts or appear to place a copy in Drafts along with the one in the Sent folder? I'm not sure if this applies since the accounts are pp3 -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2278917 - but your problem could be related.

F

FormerZeroCool

No, it's only happening with some mail and from different POP accounts. There are no rules setup that would be causing the issue.

F

FormerZeroCool

Yes, the messages in question that are in Drafts folder are also in the Sent Items folder and are received by the recipient. I'll check the article out and get back to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.