I sometimes get duplicate e-mails that I have sent showing up in my sent items folder

• Thread starter Heathside boy
  • Start date Views 897
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heathside boy

I have 3 accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I'm not sure if this happens with all of them it may just happen with my default account because that is only where I have seen it at the moment.

I believe this happens when I reply to another e-mail from somebody else (as opposed to starting a new one and then sending that). I also believe that this doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes which makes it all the more strange.

When I have replied to an e-mail and then checked in my sent items folder in the same account, it is showing that message in duplicate (as sent twice). I have looked up many answers to this problem (and there are many) but I am asking what would be the most likely cause of this?

I have a Windows live mail account with the same address in Outlook i.e. Soandso@live.co.uk. I don't know if this gives you any extra added help for the question but it may.

Any ideas will be most appreciated

Cheers

HB

N

Natasha Dsouza

Does the recipients also receive duplicate emails or does it only reflect in your sent items folder?

Are there any emails stuck in the outbox? If yes delete them and check if the issue occurs.

Does this issue occur while you reply to emails with attachments?

Do you notice any kind of pattern in the duplicated emails such common recipient, attachment, common Service provider etc.?

H

Heathside boy

Does the recipients also receive duplicate emails or does it only reflect in your sent items folder?

Are there any emails stuck in the outbox? If yes delete them and check if the issue occurs.

Does this issue occur while you reply to emails with attachments?

Do you notice any kind of pattern in the duplicated emails such common recipient, attachment, common Service provider etc.?

Hi Natasha,

to help, I shall answer your questions above one after the other below:

1. As far as I am aware, this only happens in my default sent items folder. I have not had any of the recipients saying they have received
duplicate e-mails.

2. No, there are no e-mails stuck in the outbox.

3. I'm not quite sure on this one. If for example it did occur when replying to e-mails with attachments, what would be the cure for this?

4. I believe this only happens in my default folder as I mentioned above. This is a Windows Live Account although i imported all my
messages from Windows Live (on the Web) to My Microsoft Outlook 2007. This is the only kind of pattern I can see. If this is the
problem and it only happens in this account, what would be the cure for this?

Cheers

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.