Using a template for new email message, changes are not saved unless I send the message...using Wind

• Thread starter Loves the Beach
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Loves the Beach

I created an email template that worked fine with Windows XP and Outlook 2007; however, it doesn't work with Windows 7 and Office 2010. I create a new email message using the template, make my changes and then close the message choosing the option to save my changes. When I open the message, all of my changes are gone and only the original template info is there.

L

Loves the Beach

I had several templates that worked when using Windows XP and Office 2007. I would create a new message using a template, make changes and then save the message to send later when I was ready. Then I would open the message just to double-check it and send it.

Now when I create a new message using a template, make changes and save (to send later when I was ready), those changes are gone when I later open the message. Only the original template information is there.

I tried deleting the templates and creating new ones, but it still behaves the same way. I know this feature works with Windows 7 and Office 2010 because a co-worker tested it on her computer. So, there's obviously something with my machine. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office 2010 but that didn't resolve the problem.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Delete all the templates you have created and create new profile for Outlook and then create template and verify the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.