Losing keyboard fuctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wptski

I've had this happen while trying to compose a email in MS Outlook and a similiar issue while using MS Word.

The last time while trying to enter the email address into the field, all key inputs just ring a bell sound. After this happened, I can't enter any text into the search field in the W7 Start Menu either. Closing MS Outlook and reopening doesn't help. I opened another app and was able to enter text again. Opening MS Outlook again and all was normal again.

Using MS Word on a document, pressing the ENTER key deleted the space between paragraphs and the first character of the next paragraph. That time I just rebooted and it corrected itself.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Is this a wired or wireless keyboard?

Try to open Outlook in Application Safe.

Start->All programs-> Accessories-> run-> type "outlook /safe" without quotes and click on ok.

If it works fine, then disable Add-ins in outlook 2010.

Open Outlook-> Go to file-> Click on options-> select Add-ins towards the left hand side-> Click on go for COM Add-ins-> Uncheck all the Add-ins.

Try to reopen Outlook 2010 and check how it works.

Note: - you can try the same steps mentioned above for Word (winword /safe).

Ganesh Kumar N

W

wptski

Thanks! It a wired or USB keyboard.

Didn't try yet but looked at the AddIns and MS Word there is only one, OneNote Notes which is also in OutLook also which has sevaral more.

Thinking back both times I was switching back/forth to IE when the keyboard issue came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Customized Contact Form Losing UDFs. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Losing Excel Data when emailing with OutLook 2010 Using Outlook 4
J How to redesign the Contact form without losing the original layout? Using Outlook 2
T How To Delete AN Email Acoount Without Losing The Data File? Using Outlook 1
K Read, unread, i'm losing clients! Using Outlook 1
D Outlook and the Dreaded Losing Shortcuts Issue Using Outlook 4
Y Losing Categories from Contacts Using Outlook 17
J Outlook 2010 losing emails in inbox Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 losing connection to Exchange 2010 server when sending and opening calendar events Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 losing connection to Exchange 2010 server when sending and opening calendar events Exchange Server Administration 2
T Outlook 2007 - losing calender items Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 losing correct logon details when connecting to Exchange 2010. Using Outlook 3
R Losing emails in my main server account, Charter Communications, when I delete emails in the Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Losing deleted emails Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2002 keeps losing passwords Using Outlook 1
M 'Losing' in incoming email Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 asking for a Username and Password after losing VPN connectivity Using Outlook 2
E I cannot open my outlook getting an Installation Error:File not found How do I get it back without losing my emails and address book? Using Outlook 1
C Import Address Book from Palm Treo to Outlook 2003 without losing data & custom fields Using Outlook 1
C Outlook losing emails Using Outlook 1
V Losing mail on AOL from Outlook Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 missing/losing text in transmission of HTML emails? Using Outlook 11
S losing contacts in windows live Using Outlook 2
B Losing Outlook calendar entrires when synching with my blackberry Using Outlook 0
A I am losing messages while downloading to outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Exchange 2010 box losing connection with AD Exchange Server Administration 1
Y Exporting outlook Contacts and Inbox from Outlook 2003 and importing into Outlook 2010 without losing sub-folders structure Using Outlook 2
F Cancel reoccurring event in the future without losing per-event changes Using Outlook 17
D Outlook 2007 Calendar: Events losing invitees. Using Outlook 2
A Changing default Calendar without losing my Exchange e-mail Using Outlook 1
J DAG Fail-over Cluster losing connection. Exchange Server Administration 11
A Losing format after any movement on the folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U Keyboard Remapper no longer works in Outlook Using Outlook 1
D font control by keyboard Using Outlook 2
R Toggle the Reading Pane using Keyboard Shortcut Using Outlook 0
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
I jump to body in open message with one keyboard shortcut? Using Outlook 3
T Column Header Keyboard Shortcut Available? Using Outlook 5
W keyboard shortcut to open Outlook... ? Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts Using Outlook 8
R Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why don't my send button will not send mail from keyboard? Using Outlook 10
N I use the keyboard to delete emails and every so often the focus changes to the reminders window and I delete reminders by mistake Using Outlook 1
T Periodic display of window 'Enter Network Password' that affects keyboard use Using Outlook 1
C Keyboard types numbers and symbols following two actions: num lock key held and then released and a Using Outlook 1