Outlook no longer sends out messages ('Use Inbox Repair Tool')

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan from Cobham

I have been running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on my Dell with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit for over 6 months with no problem. Since today I can no longer send messages from Outlook (neither from my hotmail account nor from my own URL email account). Also, I cannot move emails from my inbox to an email folder.

The message I get is:"Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\...\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see help." There it says:"Scanpst.exe is installed when you install Outlook. It is located at:

drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12".

I click on Scanpst.exe and I am then told: 3. In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the .pst or .ost file that you want to check, or click Browse to search for the file, but what file should I check? I get a list of all my folders on the C:\ drive.

Where do I go from here please? I have entered *.pst and tried other potential solutions, but to no avail! Alan

R

Russ Valentine

It's always a good idea to know where your data is so you can back it up. If you haven't payed attention to where your Outlook data file is and what it is called, just look at the properties of your root folder in Outlook to learn that information. That way you'll know what to tell the Inbox Repair Tool.Russ Valentine

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Instructions are at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm - you want to browse to your pst folder. In Outlook 2007, the default location is under your Window user account folders at \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. you can paste the following line in the address field to get there:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Keyboard Remapper no longer works in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Outlook 2013 Outlook 2013 no longer syncing 1 of 5 IMAP accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
B Display of Sending Account in Outlook 2007 no longer works Using Outlook 2
S Outlook no longer works with Yahoo Mail Using Outlook 9
P Outlook contact form no longer requiring Category selection to add new Using Outlook 1
D No longer able to Archive Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D 2007 Outlook no longer connecting with AOL account. Help, small business! Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 no longer runs. When I open Outlook, I get three error messages, then it closes down an Using Outlook 2
R No problems for about three months and the, about two weeks ago I was no longer able to receive emails in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2007 no longer syncing calendar with iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.2.1 via iTunes 10.1.0.54 USB. Using Outlook 6
T After adding another mailbox to mailboxes in outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 no longer accepts new mail into any inboxes Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2010 Sav all attachments no longer working Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Email address no longer valid Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007 will not show files under the folders any longer when creating a hyperlink. No error messages Using Outlook 1
B Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email. Using Outlook 2
M outlook calendar navigation no longer shows the mini-calendars at the top. I used to have three mon Using Outlook 1
B Receiving undeliverables for employees that are no longer in the GAL using Outlook 2010 after migrating from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
J The hyperlinks in Outlook no longer work. Using Outlook 1
B Upgraded to Outlook 2007, my custom stationary no longer works Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 takes much longer than expected to download an e-mail message from a POP3 server Using Outlook 1
B OUTLOOK NO LONGER SHOWS MESSAGE BODY....... Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Email and Outlook Connector no longer working to receive email. Using Outlook 7
D Sent messages no longer appearing in Sent list after installing Outlook 2003 update Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2010 BCM no longer working after several months of successful use. Using Outlook 11
M Upgrade to Outlook 2010 - No longer receiving mail Using Outlook 2
M I recently installed a trial version of Outlook 2010 and my address book was exported from Outlook Express. It no longer appears in Outlook Express. Using Outlook 3
P I can no longer receive jpeg images on my Outlook 3 (I have installed the Service Pack) Using Outlook 3
W Outlook '03 - Won't open path not longer applies Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Connector No Longer Works Using Outlook 3
N Re: Outlook 2007 used to work fine. It recently crashed during startup.It no longer works. Using Outlook 2
G Re: Outlook 2007 used to work fine. It recently crashed during startup.It no longer works. Using Outlook 6
N Outlook no longer starts (including safe mode, repair does not work either) Using Outlook 3
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
M All new email notifications suddenly no longer working using Outlook 2010 64 bit and Hotmail Connect Using Outlook 1
M Outlook mail inbox no longer displays... Using Outlook 2
T Which version of Outlook and Outlook Express no longer work with Exchange 2010 using SSL encryption Using Outlook 1
M Verizon Wireless Broadband is my ISP. No longer has a server for Outlook. Need help. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 clients can no longer search mailbox - Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2003 Error - no longer synching (Error 4102/Error 8de00002) Using Outlook 1
N Can no longer receive emails with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
A Outlook will suddenly no longer work with my Hotmail even though I pay for my hotmail account! Using Outlook 4
J email no longer is being deleted on line when it is downloaded to my outlook Using Outlook 4
G outlook express: sending an email to someone and then they reply: Person I used to send to-no longer can get my emails but I get his Using Outlook 2