Outlook 2007-Out of Office Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IYF

I am running MS Office 2007 & Win 7.

I know I'll have to have my Office 24/7 but I can't figure out why it's not running the rule that i made.

I followed these rule.

Method 1: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007Open a new Outlook message. On the Options tab, click Plain Text. Type the information that you want to have in your reply message. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.In the Save As dialog box, click to select the Outlook Template check box in theSave as type list. Type a name for your reply template in the File name box, and then clickSave. How to define a rule to send an automatic reply in Outlook 2007On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button on theE-mail Rules tab. In the Rules Wizard under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next. Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, click to select theSent Only To Me check box or any other check box that you want, and then clickNext. Under What do you want to do with the message?, click to select theReply using a specific template check box. Under Step 2: Edit the Rule Description, click the underlined phrasea specific template. In the Select A Reply Template dialog box, click the template that you saved in step 6 of the " How to Define an Automatic Reply Template" section, and then clickOpen. Complete the Rules Wizard instructions, click Finish, and then clickOK.

Now my outlook is not running the auto reply. do i need to have an email addres in the " To" so that it can send?

I'm more confused on why it's not working. Any suggestion.

G

Gordon B-P

I know I'll have to have my Office 24/7

Which means that your rule will send an answer to every single pice of SPAM you get as well.

Your best bet is to see if your mail provider has an " On Vacation" function in its webmail service - very many do so these days. It's a LOT easier...

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

N

Niyamath Khan

What type of email account is configured in Outlook? E.g. POP/IMAP/Exchange

Verify if Office 2007 service pack 2 is installed on the computer

I

IYF

Mr. Khan,

We are using " POP/SMTP(send from this account by default)"

I do not think we are using exchange.

Where can I find if I have MS Office 07 Service Pack 2?

I

IYF

Thank Ezil,

OK I got it to work. I just had to recreate it and also I'm in the process installing SP2

I have to keep Outlook open 24/7. I tested it by login out of Window and also closing Outlook and the rule will not run unless Outlook is minimized or open and running. Is there no way around it...

G

Gordon B-P

Thank Ezil,

OK I got it to work. I just had to recreate it and also I'm in the process installing SP2

I have to keep Outlook open 24/7. I tested it by login out of Window and also closing Outlook and the rule will not run unless Outlook is minimized or open and running. Is there no way around it...

Did you investigate the webmail " on vacation" function? It's EVER so much easier...

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
D Outlook (Office) 2007 & Windows 10 Pro Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2007 with Office 365? New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Need Genuine Office or Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
E Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Send Error Using Outlook 11
K Outlook 2007 using in office and at home Using Outlook 1
Jon Bakrley Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2007, Out of the office error message Using Outlook 8
B Microsoft office outlook 2007 showing configuring outlook accounts for hours Using Outlook 6
C After downloading Microsoft Office 2007 & Outlook it redirected all my e-mails from my sbcglobal.net YAHOO Home Page & Desk Top & I-Phone Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Journal does not record activities on Office 2007 files Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 Slow Since Office 2010 Installed Using Outlook 1
N Exchange 2007 SP1 + Outlook 2007/2010 - Autodiscover for Outlook Anywhere and Out of Office not working Using Outlook 1
L Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2412171) - Breaks SSL IMAP server connections in Outlook Using Outlook 6
M Outlook Mail Format Options - Grayed out 2003 office/outlook in exchange 2007 mail organisation. Using Outlook 3
S Re: Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
R Office 2007 - Outlook Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
R Office 2007 / Outlook Meetings auto accepted Using Outlook 1
M Office Outlook 2007 had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missin Using Outlook 1
1 Office Outlook 2007 e-mail Using Outlook 1
J will outlook 2010 work with office 2007 if I remove outlook 2007 (Separate Licence) Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 32bit, Office Communicator 2007 R2 32bit client and Office Communicator 2007 Server cau Using Outlook 1
C Uninstalled Office 2007 and installed Office 2003. Unable to work with Outlook. Using Outlook 5
K I loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook will not load. I still have Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
M Can't open a link within email using outlook 2003. My laptop is windows office 2007. Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft 2007 Office Outlook - Large file already confirmed sent but still in out box Using Outlook 3
Q How to import contacts, and email from Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail? Using Outlook 5
W Microsoft office outlook express 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Office 2010 uninstalls Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 appears broken after Office 2010 uninstall: problem with MAPI and mspst.dll Using Outlook 6
E After 2010 Office Beta expired, my 2007 Outlook version stopped working properly. Can not access correct profile and synchronization with Blackberry p Using Outlook 1
J Re: Please help correct Error on step 4 of converting Windows mail to Office Outlook 2007(already installed). Using Outlook 3
C MS Office Outlook 2007 refuses to open. Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open microsoft office outlook 2007.__ Using Outlook 8
M Microsoft Office 2007 microsoft outlook Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2007 Out of office Forward of email sent to a Distribution List member Using Outlook 1
K Cannot see online archive with Outlook 2007 / Office 2007 SBE Exchange Server Administration 8
E Microsoft Office Outlook Connector Setup error (2007) Using Outlook 3
M office 2007 - office outlook has encountered a problem...needs to close Using Outlook 3
J Conversion of Windows Mail to Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M I installed MS office small business 2007 upgrade, but I can't send or recieve emails in Outlook. Plz advise. Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2007 and loading data from Outlook/Office 2003 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 Business contact manager freezes up in office word Using Outlook 2
S Synchronising Outlook on a laptop and desktop Office 2003 and 2007 Using Outlook 1
K will I loose Outlook Express setting if I change from Office Professional 2007 to Office Professional Plus 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Microsoft Office 2007 / Outlook express Using Outlook 2
W Outlook.exe for Outlook 2007 and 2010 hangs on closing, when Office Communicator 2007 R2 client is r Using Outlook 6