Cannot start Microsoft Outlook... Cannot access file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trilogy Fable

I cannot open Microsoft Outlook. I get this error message:

" Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file

C:\User\[User name]\AppData\Microsoft\Outlook\[email address]_hotmail.ost cannot be accessed. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange at least once before you can use your Outlook data file (.ost)."

> ...

I have not had any problems with Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 for some time, however, it is totally useless now.

I have tried " outlook.exe /resetnavpane" but the above message keeps reappearing and I still cannot access MS Outlook. Any ideas of how to fix the file?

B

Brian Tillman

If this happened to me, I'd use the Mail applet in Control Panel to delete the Hotmail account from the mail profile and then re-add it.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Follow the steps below.

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account.

a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run.

b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter".
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook.

Refer the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 1
M I cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2013 directly opening a .eml message Using Outlook 1
E cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. Using Outlook 1
B Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook - still after trying all fixes Using Outlook 1
R Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot Open the outlook window. Using Outlook 11
R Outlook Madness: 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook' Using Outlook 1
T Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 2
M "Cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened Using Outlook 1
R Get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable Unable to open the Outlook win Using Outlook 5
U 'Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook' when trying to start oullok 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Cannot start Outlook, prompted with “too many failed open attempts” error Can’t find my name in the Microsoft server, what do I do. Using Outlook 2
J Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2010 a second time Using Outlook 4
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. __ Using Outlook 1
J Cannot start microsoft outlook 2007. Cannot open the Outlook. Get error code. Using Outlook 3
L Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. MAPI32.dll is currupt or the wrong version Using Outlook 4
M error message Cannot start Microsoft Office. Cannot open the Outlook Window. The set of folders cann Using Outlook 2
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 2
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Re: Cannot start Microsoft office outlook. Using Outlook 3
J cannot start microsoft outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opene Using Outlook 3
D Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open window Using Outlook 3
L Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Using Outlook 2
H Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Using Outlook 1
T cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. Using Outlook 1
R "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 - Win XP - Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 6
K Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. Incompatible application Using Outlook 1
L Error message: cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window Using Outlook 1
R I just clicked to open my Outlook (which contains my Calendar and Contacts) and a dialogue box opened saying ''Cannot start Microsoft Outloo Using Outlook 1
J Have been using Outlook and it worked fine. Now it will not launch. Get message 'Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Error msg: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R cannot start microsoft office outlook 2007'. How do I fix it? Using Outlook 1
S "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook" error after installing Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
H i am getting the following error message at start up, it was working perfectly until today. 'X cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Using Outlook 1
A i cannot get my microsoft office to start it fails to log on to srver Using Outlook 2
S cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. Using Outlook 1
P Cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. Using Outlook 1
A Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occured Using Outlook 2
C Error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 1
L cannot start microsoft outlook, cannot open the outlook window Using Outlook 1
E Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 3
T Cannot Get Outlook 2010 to run - can never get past the 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window' Using Outlook 2
T Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 2
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot b Using Outlook 1
D cannot start microsoft office outlook, cannot open the outlook window Using Outlook 1
J I cannot open Outlook at all. I get the error message; 'Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.' There is no explanatio Using Outlook 1
B I am unable to open Outlook. Get the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to Using Outlook 2