Right Click > Send to Mail Recipient, has no effect__Other programs cannot access the email client

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Micky-P

Right clicking a file and selecting 'Sent to Mail Recipient' has no effect, my mail client Microsoft Outlook 2007, does not open, it doesnt even work if Outlook is already open.

Likewise Picasa 3 is unable to attach files to emails as it normaly should

I recently upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7, this issue didnt occur before.

I have already set program defaults as outlined in another thread, it didnt work.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/w7programs/thread/3873A738-8166-4738-AF33-0EC5CBAE62C8

It didnt change anything

I've tried following directions involving registering sendmail.dll as a command component here,
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtomail.htm

However I just get the error message

The module "sendmail.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "sendmail.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

M

Micky-P

Unfortunately nothing mentioned in that thread worked, tried repairing Office, tried the new registry key, and restarted, but alas nothing.

I tried copying the sendmail.dll from my laptop to this one, but of course, my laptop runs 64 bit and this one 32bit, not compatible, foiled again.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Run the "Fix It" tool from the link below to completely remove all the installed components of office:-

Note: ensure to have the Office disc and its product key to reinstall it back before uninstall.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Then try to reinstall office 2007 and check with outlook.

If you still face the same issue, try to create a new windows user account and check with "Send to Mail Recipient".

Ganesh Kumar N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Cannot send document as email by right click and send as email Using Outlook 1
G right click send to mail recipient doesnt work! Using Outlook 7
williamlambton Reinstate "Open" button on mail item right-click context menu. Outlook Wishlist 2
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
P "open" command in right click context menu Outlook Wishlist 4
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
M right click contact to create an appointment Using Outlook 4
C Right click to delete will crash Outlook Using Outlook 2
B Trying to restore data in Outlook and I get an error message to update the profile but when I click OK it takes me right out Using Outlook 7
G Right-Click Delete Occurrence Deletes Entire Series Using Outlook 1
S Can't copy the items. You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the f Using Outlook 1
C Cannot delete this folder. right-click the folder and click properties to check your permissions to Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 Crashes when right click from email Using Outlook 1
F Right mouse click drop down menu to add sender to blocked list does not work. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2000 wizard tries to start when I right-click to email an item from a folder--have Outlook 2007 upgrade installed Using Outlook 1
W Right click context menus like preview, open, save as, print etc are not working with windows 7 + Ou Using Outlook 1
W Windows 7 + Outlook 2007 - right click context menu not working Using Outlook 1
W Outlook folder rename (right click 'rename' option) issue Using Outlook 9
K Right-Click to Mark ALL as Read on (Exchange) Public Folder Using Outlook 1
R Cannot right-click on calendar to create new appointment Using Outlook 4
M Right Click on Spell Checking brings up signature menu Using Outlook 1
T Unable to Right-Click Calendar Entries Using Outlook 5
K right click jpg and printing in outlook 2003__ Using Outlook 1
L Adding a contact with right click Using Outlook 14
R Any reason why blocking whole domains is not on the rule list? Also RIGHT CLICK nonfunctional in many places. Using Outlook 5
S Right Click MENU NOT WORKING Using Outlook 4
F Office 2007 SendMail within Word, Excel, Right click a File does not work if Outlook not open. Using Outlook 9
D Outlook 2010 open links on left click and right click in messages not working Using Outlook 12
Z Right click menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Right-click an address -> add to BCM? [OL2007] BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Can't create file : Document.pdf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then cl Using Outlook 30
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
C how to remove icons on right hand side outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
T Forwarded long email moves text to the right Using Outlook 1
E Inbox view changed can't get it right Using Outlook 0
A viewing tasks - lower right - in email window Using Outlook 1
I Notification/Popup Box not showing on right side Using Outlook 1
B want to change the calendar format so that it goes from left to right Sunday - Saturday instead of monday - sunday Using Outlook 2
B Having issues with the 'look' of Office 2010. Does not look right? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 difficulty choosing the right contacts in the address book Using Outlook 2
R Reading Pane text appearing all the way to the right... Using Outlook 1
Q Don't have right permissions to assign "send as" rights in Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 7
B When I try to compose a new message, the window that popped out is hidden on the right side of the screen, only maximize will centralize it, is there Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2010- when I hover over a contact the right name appears for a second and then gets replaced Using Outlook 2
B Is it the right place for BCM2010? repaired but not working... Using Outlook 4
J When I compose an email in Plain Text, the default alignment is set to the right. How do I change it Using Outlook 1
X ISINTEG.EXE Doesnt seem to be quite right, any advice Exchange Server Administration 5