Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spariscoff

This is received regularly with many entries (5-20 per day) it contains attachments sent to me and some of my friends and associates along with many of whom I do not know. Is there a procedure to clean this up?

B

Brian Tillman

If you're receiving delivery failure notices, then you'll have to check with the people who run your outgoing server. The full text of the error will give an indication of what went wrong.

S

spariscoff

Brian;
Thank you for the reply. This is not just an e-mail that I have sent, it is a recurring response from internet land as a result of a virus that my system had encountered about 8-10 months ago. I was using McAffee virus protection when the virus hit. McAffee could not get rid of it so I reformated and reinstalled all of my programs and changed to another virus protection. I have had no problems with my e-mails sending/receiving at all. After the virus, these started in droves. At first they were comming in at a rate of 20+ per day 2 or 3 times per day. Each time that I checked my e-mail I would have a slew of them, I would select all and delete them now they have slowed to the rate that I have described earlier. It is some sort of virus or worm that had infected my e-mail and began sending them out from my address book and now has spread to people that I do not know. I do not accept forwards from anyone except a select few and scan them before openning.
How can i locate the source and terminate it there?

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
T Query About "Delay Delivery" Function Using Outlook 6
M VBA to remove deferred delivery on a MeetingItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Delay Delivery Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Delivery receipt for MYOB emails Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Delay Delivery of Messages Sent at Specific Times New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Why delivery receipt size is same than sent email size or even larger? Using Outlook 1
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
P Mail delivery failed returning message to sender Using Outlook 1
D Delay Delivery: Visible to recipients? Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
Z Mail delivery location - I think Using Outlook 1
R Difference between delivery receipts and read receipts__ Using Outlook 2
F Mail Delivery Errors sending to any Hotmail account recipients.__ Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2010 Mail flow Local Delivery Exchange Server Administration 3
K Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery feature not working Using Outlook 1
I Cannot view delivery reports. Exchange Server Administration 2
D Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 mail stuck in Exchange 2003 Local Delivery Queue Exchange Server Administration 10
P How do I send a 'delivery receipt' notice to sender after rejecting it? Using Outlook 2
P Delay delivery not working in Outlook Using Outlook 1
P Delayed Delivery does not work after computer re-boot Using Outlook 1
P Delivery receipt with original message attached? Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook 2007 default delivery location changes - 2 accounts Using Outlook 2
J Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2344993) causing IMCEAMAILTO delivery failures. Using Outlook 1
S Delivery Failure - Help! Using Outlook 3
T Remote delivery Exchange Server Administration 1
L Transport Service Issues Message Queue keeps going offline slow mail delivery Exchange Server Administration 1
J How to temporarily suspend mail delivery to one of two mail accounts Using Outlook 1
A Delivery was refused. Code 5.2.1 Using Outlook 6
B MDaemon rejects with 'Permanet Delivery Failure' Using Outlook 1
T Problems with E-mail adresses in Brazil (Mail Delivery Subsystem) Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 Defer Delivery Not Working Using Outlook 1
T I am getting delayed and failed delivery notices for messages to every day contacts. It is causing some problems. Thanks Using Outlook 2
O Delivery and Read receipts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
L Delivery Failure Using Outlook 1
W When users try to setup a meeting in outlook 2007 or 2003 they will get an Undeliverable delivery st Using Outlook 1
T Mail Delivery Slow to Exchange 2010 Mailboxes (Co-existence with Exchange 2003) Exchange Server Administration 11
S Weird delivery issue Exchange Server Administration 3
S Delivery delay set by default Using Outlook 2
V Delivery option missing Using Outlook 7
R message delivery restrictions Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2007 mail delivery fails to recipients on the Exchange Global mail list Using Outlook 4
A Why don't I see delivery receipts in Outllok 2007? Using Outlook 6
S Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 Quick rule managent with a PST file as the default mail delivery locat Using Outlook 1
R Delayed delivery/receipt of Outlook 2010 messages Using Outlook 1
H Delay Delivery Option is being automatically selected and cannot be changed and does not allow emails to be sent. Using Outlook 1
B OWA Delivery Reports with an Edge Transport Server not useful Using Outlook 2
T Delivery Notification Exchange Server Administration 3