I am having the problem that Outlook 2010 is checking for email via send /receive approximately every thirty seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr. Shirin

In Outlook 2010, I have it set to check email every 10 minutes. this is a new problem and has been going on for the last couple of days. I am using XP Pro as the operating system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

F

Francine Otterson

Hello

There are a number of things that can cause this issue but here are some to start.

Is Outlook trying to do a send/receive with an Exchange Server, POP3 account or something different. When it does do the send/receive does it actually complete the send/receive or stop before it is totally done? If it can not complete it will most likely keep trying. Do you get any errors. Ruling out any sort of network connectivity issues as this may cause the send/receive to not complete if the computer can not stay connected.

The issue may also be synching emails offline. I would search for *.ost and rename it to ost1. This will then allow Outlook to create a new offline folder and do a new synch.

Happy Holidays

Francine Otterson Owner/Chief Technologist Service Desk West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G I just purchased MS Office and am having a problem with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
V Problem not having Contacts folder after importing emails from Yahoo. Using Outlook 0
R Having a problem with a specific recurring appointment. Using Outlook 1
dbjdbj Is it only me having a fun time with Outlook.com "beta" ? Using Outlook 3
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
M I'm Having problems Moving Contacts to a New List Using Outlook 8
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
M Having Calander send E-mails Using Outlook 3
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
O Exchange 2003 displaying HTML emails as having attachments Exchange Server Administration 7
N Stop accepting connections for sending e-mail from users not having a mailbox Exchange Server Administration 6
C Outlook 2007: Establishing a View By Category with contacts having multiple categories displayed properly Using Outlook 2
C Having problems with taking items out of one folder and sending them into inbox or sending items back to my e-mail address of Email removed for privac Using Outlook 2
B Having issues with the 'look' of Office 2010. Does not look right? Using Outlook 1
M Activesync having difficulty syncronizing large mailboxes Using Outlook 1
B How can I do what Business Contact Manager does without actually having the software? Using Outlook 1
P How to set up meeting while in Eastern Time Zone for a meeting I will be having in the Central Time Using Outlook 1
B Having trouble with an Outlook Profile. Can I uninstall Outlook 2010 and install it again? Using Outlook 11
J Having problems subscribing to my Outlook calendar online Using Outlook 3
F Why is an unmounted Exchange Server hosting mailboxes after having configured a DAG but haven't brou Exchange Server Administration 9
M im having trouble going from one mail server to another on my computer Using Outlook 1
E Having difficulty sending or receiving mail from the other Hotmail account I opened the error messag Using Outlook 1
A send a email, with out having to save contact details, in office 03 and 07 you could uncheck and disable email name check Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 wont start, keep having error message. See below__ Using Outlook 2
S Forwarding mail without having to use the Delegate option Using Outlook 2
W Having issues with voting and tracking options Using Outlook 1
R accessing owa externally and having a cas array internally Exchange Server Administration 9
C Having issues with Google Desktop and Outlook 2010 mail: Using Outlook 1
B I am currently having problems / issues with MS Project 2010 and MS Outlook 2010 freezing Using Outlook 2
J I am having trouble opening opening links with in an e-mail. Using Outlook 2
M I am having trouble sending my e-mails in Outlook 2007. I can receive them, but not send. My internet provider says they can't help me. What to do? Using Outlook 6
V Outlook 2007 and mobile devices having trouble with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
R Having trobule Mapping Hotmail to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
A my account was activated without having an email account connected to it. What do I do? Using Outlook 2
L Having 2 Accounts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D I cannot get Outlook 2010 to run without having an email account. Using Outlook 1
A calendar entries default to having alerts, even tho unchecked Using Outlook 2
M I am having lots of trouble sending my emails out thru microsoft 2003 Getting error message and then they time out. If I got out of computer and the Using Outlook 1
D Users having meetings overbooked in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
O Having name appear after typing a few letters in new email Using Outlook 1
A Having trouble receiving emails, people unable to reply to the ones I send them. Using Outlook 1
I Two users on one computer using Outlook 2007, having individual contacts, calender and email Using Outlook 2
S Having trouble setting up different email accounts in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 3
K I am having problems seeing new emails on arrival in my Inbox and sent emails in the Sent Items fold Using Outlook 5
S Having trouble with email stuck in outbox Using Outlook 1
V I am having a hard time setting up my yahoo mail in Outlook. Please help! Using Outlook 2
W Unable to open Outlook due to a corrupt file wgeelan_msn1.ost. Inbox repair tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file. Having difficulty using in Using Outlook 2