Message that reads 'this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer', when none have been set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rjeanvallieres

When we receive email messages that ask us to click on a link we get the following message:

MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

No restrictions have been set up, I am the administrator, and this message has popped up unexpectedly. I can't find a solution to remove it, I don't understand where it comes from, or what might have been changed unintentionally to bring this message up when we try to click on an email link. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

R

rjeanvallieres

When we are reading our email messages and we are requested to kick on a link we receive the following message all of a suden. This has never happened before. We don't know where it comes from or how to fix the serious problem.

Message reads "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

We have no idea how to fix this problem.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

This is a problem with IE and Windows, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). If it occurred after uninstalling Firefox or Chrome (and any program that opens HTML files) you need to repair the registry.

If resetting the Internet settings doesn't work (and they don't seem to for a lot of users), seeThis operation has been cancelled due to restrictions for other things to try. Most people tell me that "Edit Registry part 2" was the fix they used.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

You may try to run the Fix-it availablehere and verify if it fixes the issue.

Ganesh Kumar N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D when trying to get into outlook error message reads connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Using Outlook 4
H Messages sit in Outbox; Date field above the message particulars reads 'None.' Using Outlook 2
S cannot synchronize my Blackberry Calendar and Contact...error message reads no message stores__ Using Outlook 1
C Message reads 'Microsoft Outlook has stopped working, in blue. In black the statement 'A problem cau Using Outlook 6
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
icacream content in this message could not be downloaded.... Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
R Warn before sending message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Change start time based on message duration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
C Custom Form (seperate layout pages and message reading pane) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
BretAB Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
T Change the selected Message in the Outlook window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
evdbogaard Reply with only last message cited Using Outlook 1
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
D Outlook Message Window Changes Size and Position Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Message List Font Changed Using Outlook 6
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a way to add something that is in the "Format Text" tab to the "basic Text" on the message tab Using Outlook 1
R VBA macro - new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
E Search for folder by key in subject then move new message to related folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Message Text Using Outlook 1
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Searching message folder in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
GregS Very Confusing PST/OST message Using Outlook 2
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Want to autorespond to an email address in the body of message Using Outlook 0
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0