Outlook 2010 crashes, can't create new profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EricLeBouffon

I installed Office 2010 and everything is fine but I can't open Outlook 2010. It keeps crashing after chosing any profile (I have a home and a business profile).

I tried firing it in safe mode but it still crashed.

I tried creating a new profile in Control panel / Mail but I get an error when testing the new account: " Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x800ccc81"

I had no windows firewall initially on my laptop and I tried stopping my (AVG) antivirus.

I could read my emails this morning before installing Office 2010 and I can still access my email through another computer on my home network.

Any idea where to look next?

Thanks

Eric

Eric Mamet _ MCDBA, SQL Server 2005 MCTS, MCAD .Net

H

Harry Yuan

Hi, EricleBouffon

Outlook cannot create mail profiles. You need to use the Mail applet in Control Panel.

Start that applet and then click Show Profiles. There is an Add button there where you can create a new mail profile.

You can then use the Data Files button to connect that new profile to your existing data file and the E-mail Accounts button to add your account.

Sincerely,

Harry

E

EricLeBouffon

I tried to (re)create the profile using Control Panel / Mail and I managed to open my Exchange mail account using Outlook 2003.

When I then tried to open that account with Outlook 2010, it ended up crashing again after about 20 seconds waiting and thrashed the profile again.

Since I need to access this exchange email account, I'll stick to Outlook 2003 and uninstall Outlook 2010.

Thanks for your help anyway

H

Harry Yuan

Hi, EricleBouffon

I am sorry I overlooked.

I suggest you Repair Office program.

Set Outlook as the default email client, and then try to create the outlook profile from control panel / mail again.

If not work, create a new windows account, log in with that account,

and try to create the outlook profile from control panel / mail again.

Sincerely,

Harry

E

EricLeBouffon

In the end, I uninstalled Outlook 2010, repaired the Outlook 2003 installation and recreated the profiles Outlook 2010 had deleted.

Cheers

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.