Unable to access outlook.pst: access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy V Nguyen

Hello,

I have checked other posts for similar error. My is quite different I think. Here is the scenario:

We have DomainUser currently running MsOutlook 2010 on OldDomain using DomainUser account to login on Windows XP Pro.

We recently converted DomainUser to join AD (active Directory) and the account is ADUser to login.

In the process of migrating DomainUser profile, we have ADUser logged in once, we modify DomainUser profile permission by granting ADUser account exact same permission from the registry. Reboot and login with ADUser account, everything works great but outlook.

When launched outlook 2010, it opens and everything else except for sending/receiving with message "unable to access outlook data file; Access denied"

Found out after converted a handful of users... Technically I almost tried all possible combination to fix the issue. Including export pst and import. No luck?

Any suggestion would greatly appreciated,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Outlook Crashed. Unable to Access E-Mail Older Than Monday Using Outlook 2
F Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder locatio Exchange Server Administration 2
V Unable to access Outlook 2003 - message - Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cou Using Outlook 2
I Unable to access links(webpages & hyper links from a network file) from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
C OWA 2007 New Message Error - Outlook Web Access was unable to access the Active Directory resource Using Outlook 2
J Unable to export Outlook 2007 data to Excel or Access Using Outlook 4
S Unable to access Address Book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D New User unable to access email via Outlook or OWA Using Outlook 3
J Unable to access public folders in Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2010. OWA PF works fine Using Outlook 7
W Accidently typed in wrong Windows Live ID during Outlook setup, now cannot change to the correct Live ID and unable to have any access to Microsoft Ou Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Web Access - unable to use reply Using Outlook 108
J One user in a child domain is unable to access OWA Using Outlook 3
A Unable to access published calendar Using Outlook 2
L Unable to access embedded links in E-mails that were received Using Outlook 2
S Unable to Access Exchange Control Panel from Second Exchange Server in Org Exchange Server Administration 5
K Adminstrator unable to modify any of the settings in Exchange 2010 - insufficient access rights Exchange Server Administration 4
K unable to access public folder after Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 6
B Unable to Administer Exchange 2010 - Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Exchange Server Administration 11
F i am unable to get contacts addresses to open when sending email. I can not access my contacts when Using Outlook 13
W BCM in changed profile now unable to access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Unable able to initialize Exchange management (EMC and EMS don't work) - Access Denied Exchange Server Administration 16
J Exchange 2010 unable to access EMC or EMS Exchange Server Administration 15
A Unable to Access Exchange 2010 Management Console or Shell - Access Denied Exchange Server Administration 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
P Deleted Items - Unable to Iterate All of Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Unable to install without email account Using Outlook 4
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
avant-guvnor Unable to view certain emails in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 16
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Unable to Send On Behalf of Another User Exchange Server Administration 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Tim King Outlook 365 unable to change accounts Using Outlook 0
R Unable to send mail using Cox.net Using Outlook 1
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
D Unable to add email address to contact Using Outlook 3
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
O OL2000: Unable to create IMAP account Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Unable to reply/post/create new thread using Chrome BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Rupert Dragwater unable to change font sizes in some replies Using Outlook 3
C Unable to see meeting attendees Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5