Multiple e-mail accounts in Outlook 2010 using Exchange servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iain Medinrun

I have an email account set up in Outlook 2010, hosted on a MailStreet Exchange server. I want to set up a second email account, hosted on a GoDaddy Exchange server (long story), and I want to be able to be able to alternate between the profiles, but to have a single calendar and contacts list if possible. I am on Windows XP. I cannot find out the way to do this, GoDaddy (including their bulletin 4624) can't fix it for me, and meanwhile the set-up is sending me round in a continuous loop. I can get into my GoDaddy account using the OWA server, so it is set-up, but of course that doesn't work offline. Please can someone point me in the right direction. Huge thanks! Iain

T

Teresa Walker

Hi Iain,

If you want to have two email profiles one for each account, you can go to Control Panel > Mail and add a new profile and have Outlook to prompt for a profile.

With Outlook 2010 you can now put both Exchange accounts in the same profile. To do this:

Setup your Outlook profile with the first Exchange acocunt and then close Outlook.

Go to Control Panel > Mail > Click Show Profiles > highlight your profile name and choose Properties

Choose E-mail Accounts > On the E-mail tab click New

Continue with the steps to add your Second Exchange Account.

At this point you will see both accounts in the Navigation Pane on the left. Unfortunately each account will have it's own Calendar and Contacts folder.

Regards, Teresa Microsoft Online Community Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Display multiple accounts as drop down in the from field in New Mail Using Outlook 1
P Multiple Mail Accounts Using Outlook 1
H Receive E-mail copy on multiple E-mail accounts Using Outlook 1
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010/multiple exchange accounts/new mail notification on one only Using Outlook 8
D Adding Multiple POP 3 Email Accounts like Gmail, Yahoo Mail To My Hotmail Account Using Outlook 1
J I have multiple POP3 accounts, How Do I see if there is mail received without opening each folder? Using Outlook 1
J Combining Contacts & Calendars for multiple e-Mail accounts Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 Junk mail filter not working on multiple pop3 accounts Using Outlook 4
V multiple e-mail accounts Using Outlook 3
S How to extract mail items from multiple folders and shared mailboxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y Creating custom appointment request form with multiple mail recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Commodore Accessing mail from multiple devices Using Outlook 1
C Why do I have a Synchronization Log and get mail to this multiple times per day and why did it just start a few weeks ago? Using Outlook 1
D Manage multiple e-mail account with rules Using Outlook 3
D Combining multiple e-mail address Inboxes? Using Outlook 3
P Receiving multiple Mail Delivery System Errors. (Never sent email) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 - New Mail Alert for multiple inboxes Using Outlook 5
A Multiple E-mail Addresses - Which was addressee? Using Outlook 2
P Multiple mail profiles not working Using Outlook 5
M Select multiple messages and report as "Junk" mail, is that possible? Using Outlook 2
H using macro for sending multiple mail in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Multiple Toolbars being added/Multiple Buttons being added to Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
I Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1