[Outlook 2010] How to reply to a email with a .oft template

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Endoftheline

Is there a way to reply to an email in your inbox using an outlook template? (a separate .oft template that I have previously created and stored on my computer)

I have a lot of templates that I use to reply to email"s and now that outlook 2010 has the conversation view, I would like to keep my reply to the email with the template in that same conversion as the message the person send me.

Right now I just open the template and put their email address in it and send it. But then it is not part of the conversation with the recipient. I"m wondering if there is an option in outlook, where when I receive an email form a customer, I can somehow right click on the email do a reply from template action where I can then choose the template to reply to the user with.
Also if there was a way to add a Reply using a Specific Templates to the “Quick Steps” in the Ribbon it would be really good. Right now you can create a quick step button to reply with some text you enter, or forward a message to your manager, but I see no option to reply with a already created .oft template.

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

I knew an add-in named Reply With Template add-in for Microsoft Outlook may achieve these fuctions. And it is compatible with all Microsoft Outlook versions include 2010 and all windows OS.

You can find it here: http://replywith.4team.biz/

Hope that helps.

E

Endoftheline

Thanks, I was hoping there would be a way built in, but I guess a 3rd party tool may be the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.