Communication History disappeared in BCM 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pyramid36

Would you believe that I have spent 7 hours on the phone with 2 different people at Microsoft Support (both were very helpful, by the way) but neither could fix the problem. With their help we uninstalled SQL Server 6.5 and installed SQL S 8, uninstalled BCM twice and reinstalled, deleted and reinstalled Framework for .Net, and tried numerous other tweaks and tricks. Finally, we concluded that the problem was probably with BCM's forms. It may have something to do with having had some custom fields on the Comm History form that were carried over from 2007, just guessing about that though. After reaching this conclusion, the Support Person said that I would need to talk to Professional Support. After a 10 minute interview about my issues (4th or 5th time I've explained it to someone at Microsoft) that ended with the question " Would someone at your company be willing to work on this 24/7 until it was resolved" . (I asked if they wanted a dishonest answer or the truth. They laughed.) Then I was told that it was going to cost me $50 dollars to talk to a " Professional Support" person (are these other support people amateurs?) I was also told that BCM was a commercial version which is pretty remarkable and disingenuous considering that BCM, until recently, was not available as a commercial/retail product . They poor guy asking the questions, was a little puzzled by that when I made note of the fact. It was suggested that if as an alternative, that there were some good online help resources (TechNet). I then explained that that is where I started. I declined to pay $50 to fix a problem that is an issue with the product. Especially considering that the tool is undocumented (you can't really consider the limp online help as documentation), and there are no caveats posted anywhere regarding (1) importing custom fields from 2007 or (2) cautions about creating and/or editing custom fields in 2010. Nothing, nada, zip. (A related, but sidebar on this problem is that I discovered that the default forms for several other features - Sales and Marketing accessed from the BCM Dashboard have also disappeared.) So why should I pay for fixing that, when I never did anything with it in the first place?

So here I am after several weeks working with a several people who tired their best to help me and after spending over 10 hours of my time on this problem, back where I started. And the Communication History screen is still blank!!

Since I was directed back here, I guess we should start all over again. Any ideas?

Ken, a sadder but wiser man now.

Ken Kimbrough

A

Abdias Ruiz

Just as an FYI for others reading this thread, Ken is being helped by one of our BCM engineers. Ken, James or I will later post the outcome of that work here.
Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

G

Glawynite

I'm not sure my problem is quite the same. I've been using BCM2010 for months, with Win7 on a 32bit machine. Every now and then when it loads, it changes (for some reason) some setting and, when I open the file of a Business Contact, the History icon is gone as well as the icon to link files to the Contact. Normally I have rebooted and then reopened BCM2010 and, boom, the old ribbon with all the files/icons is back. I've done it three times this morning and nada, nothing seems ready to bring it back. So all my history and files for all my Contacts seems unavailable. No history at all. Where has it gone? How do I get it back on the ribbon and associated with my Contacts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Project Management and Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T BCM 2010 Archiving Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Business Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Moving communication history and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your syste Using Outlook 2
T outlook communication activities Using Outlook 1
J Port communication Outlook and Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 2
E Tools to diagnose communication issues between Exchange 2010 and iPhones Exchange Server Administration 9
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
P Meeting subject history Using Outlook 1
M How to remove duplicate history items BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
M empty fields after Contact History personalisation BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Emails in outlook and internet history logging Using Outlook 1
S Tasks are handled through email but deleted email removes task history? Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook Contact Notes show previous history with strike through. Using Outlook 1
P How to remove duplicate history items? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Unable to view History items in BCM 2007 shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Commodore Back/Forward toolbar buttons with pull-down history? Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook 2007 not display conversation history on Reply or Forward Using Outlook 0
D Email history removed from outlook and returned to web-based mail Using Outlook 1
G Print from business contact history item BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R Save Outlook Field History Using Outlook 2
B Business Contacts History Tab Using Outlook 2
T email history gone. Using Outlook 2
S Business Contact Manager, lost history. Using Outlook 1
2 Communicator Conversation History not saved in Outlook Using Outlook 2
R former employee with ost history on computer. deleted exchange email account. how do i access all that historical data? Using Outlook 1
N Re: Exporting Outlook History Using Outlook 4
J Re: BCM 2010 - Communications History Form Blank Using Outlook 3
D Transfering BCM History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L cant view the history section in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T History Reports in Business Contact Manager 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Cannot view history for a contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B BCM history will not display BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T Getting the Communications History, Opportunities for a Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Cannot view a Contacts 'History' BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M BCM History 'From' field not populating BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Out of memory when click History button BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook 2016 bottom reading pane has disappeared Using Outlook 2
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
K Lost Rules. Assistant accesses my mailbox. Disappeared Using Outlook 0
J Help! My contacts have disappeared. Using Outlook 5
N Calendar & People Disappeared After Reconnecting OL 2016 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
P Skype contact icons have disappeared at the bottom of email and meeting objects Using Outlook 2
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
E Reading Pane has disappeared Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Express emails disappeared - can I get them back? Exchange Server Administration 1
Sue IMAP account personal folders disappeared Using Outlook 1
L Emails disappeared after icloud sync Exchange Server Administration 1