Outlook 2007 + Windows 7 + LDAP = Extremly slow mail sending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zsolt Kardos

Hi,

I have an issue with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7. At the company we are using an OpenLDAP server as an Address Book, which contains around 120 addresses.

Most of the computers are still running on Windows XP and Outlook 2007 runs fine on them.

Recently we started upgrading to Windows 7 and we have a very annoying problem with Outlook 2007 running on them.

Sending a mail to multiple addresses using the LDAP Address Book takes ages. It takes around 10 seconds for each address. If i want to send a mail to everyone, then i have to wait around 30 minutes (!) until the mail is finally sent. Until then Outlook just hangs.

I tried the "DisplayNameSearch" and the "DisableVLVBrowsing" registry settings, but none of these help.

I've been searching the internet for several days finding a solution to no avail.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? Do we have to replace Outlook 2007 with Outlook 2010, or any other mail software?

We didn't try Outlook 2010 yet, but we tried Mozilla Thunderbird, and we can send mails to multiple addresses in seconds with it.

Z

Zsolt Kardos

I've already mentioned, that i tried the "DisableVLVBrowsing" registry setting, and it didn't help.

Also the second article contains no useful information, so it didn't help either.

In the meantime i replaced Outlook 2007 with Outlook 2010 and it works fine.

For some reason Outlook 2007 can't handle LDAP properly and it causes problems in Windows 7 only.

It seems that we must replace Outlook 2007 with Outlook 2010 unless there will be a patch for Outlook 2007 in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.