Unable to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indi-Bindi

Licence having expired on Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, I uninstalled it. Or so I thought I had but it seems I have not. It seems to have part removed itself, and when I try to remove it through the add/remove on control panel, where it can still be seen, the error message I recieve appears in an "error setup" window with the words "the language of this installation is not supported by your system".

I have tried running a registry cleaner, the 'fix it' on microsoft's tech support page but not the Windows Installer Cleanup untility as Microsoft have wothdrawn it as being unsafe. I rang tech support and was told repatedly by a phone drone "we can't offer you advice on that product even if you pa for support"!

Very unsure as to what to do next. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

Try the steps below to remove it manually:

===========

1. Click the “Start” peal, in the Search box, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Note: If you are using Windows XP, click Start -> Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Expand the registry tree on the left pane and locate the following two registry subkeys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0

3. Right-click on this registry subkey and click Delete to delete those keys.

4. Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder

If it exists, rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate14" to "OfficeUpdate14OLD"

5. Click Start, in the Search box, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Note: If you are using Windows XP, click Start -> Run, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

6. Empty the Temp folder.

Note: If some files can't be deleted, please skip them, which don't influence the result of the troubleshooting.

7. Empty the Recycle Bin.

8. Restart your computer.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Status
Not open for further replies.