Activating Expired Beta

• Thread starter iToldMeSo
  • Start date Views 667
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iToldMeSo

I have the One Note 2010 Beta. It has expired. When I try to start it, the Activation Wizard opens and says "Your beta software has expired. Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove the beta software from your computer."

The problem is that I have created some things on One Note that I would rather not lose. I would like to simply activate the produce via a purchase of a product key. However, the Activation Wizard does not give me the option to do this, it only tells me to remove it from my computer.

My question is, can I just purchase One Note from the Microsoft website and the full product will load my files in the beta or is there some other way I can access the information that was on the Beta?

T

TWHarrington

You will need to uninstall the Beta, there is no way of upgrading/activating the Beta to a full version. You will not lose your work as it will not delete the documents that you created. If you are still unsure about this, copy your OneNote files to secure location. Then you will need to uninstall the Beta product. Then purchase a full copy of Office 2010 and install that. Once this is done, you will be able to open your previously created documents.

If you just want to install OneNote, see:

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/OneNote-2010/product/BE43A1C4

Status
Not open for further replies.