Windows Instant Search Indexing not working need help reading Event Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luispin0984

I'm currently working with a user running Windows Vista Business that has a 3.5GB OST file in Outlook 2007 and indexing never completes so his Instant Search feature is pretty much useless.

I have tried the following fixes below:

Deleted/Recreated the clients OST file after having him clean up his email which brought him to the current 3.5GB size

I have also attempted unchecking/rechecking the option to index his mailbox under search options within Outlook.

I have reset his Indexing locations back to default and also rebuilt the Indexing table but it never completes.

I've also attempted running a repair on the Office 07 Suite.

I've looked in the event viewer finally and found a warning for Search and below is what displays:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
Date: 11/11/2010 03:38:28
Event ID: 3036
Task Category: Gatherer
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: (I removed this information intentionally) since this is for a business machine
Description:
The content source <mapi://{s-1-5-21-1060284298-2052111302-682003330-11141}/> cannot be accessed.
Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:
Unspecified error
(0x80004005)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" >
<System>
<Provider Name=" Microsoft-Windows-Search" Guid=" {CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F}" EventSourceName=" Windows Search Service" />
<EventID Qualifiers=" 32768" >3036</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>3</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime=" 2010-11-11T03:38:28.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>41985</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID=" 0" ThreadID=" 0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Amygx745.corp.premiumingredients.com</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name=" ExtraInfo" >
Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:
Unspecified error
(0x80004005)
</Data>
<Data Name=" URL" >mapi://{s-1-5-21-1060284298-2052111302-682003330-11141}/</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

if anyone could please assist it would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty much stuck at this point on what to try next.

Thanks

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

Does the Instant Search work in other PST folders?

There are several factors that may cause the problem. I suggest troubleshooting the issue by the suggestions here:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Sally Tang

L

luispin0984

I have already tried the suggested fix at the link you provided and that did not work for me.

Also in regards to your question about the Search working in other PST Folders no it does not.

Instant Search as a whole works for Vista it just doesn't work for the OST file in Outlook or .pst file. The PST file is also quite large at about 2GB and it does not index as well when it is the only option selected to Index.

At this point I have informed the user to clean up his email and get it below 1GB aside from reading up on this feature and discovering that it is a very resource/memory intensive program that is known to have issues with Indexing large OST files I have not come to any other viable solution.

If anyone knows of a sure fire fix please let me know as I am still interested in resolving this issue.

Also just to let everyone know I have already tried applying a so called patch from microsoft to correct the issue with Instant Search not being able to properly index large OST files but the patch installation fails with an error stating it can not find the correct version of Outlook installed. I also did some research on this error and it appears that I am not alone in witnessing this error.

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.