Outlook 2010 - Unable to view embedded / in-line data pasted from Excel 2010 into Lotus Notes e-mail

• Thread starter indyadmin1974
  • Start date Views 2,818
I

indyadmin1974

Our org uses Domino/Lotus Notes primarily, but the CEO uses Outlook as his e-mail program.

We upgraded him to Outlook 2010 and now he is unable to see data that is pasted from Excel into an e-mail created by a Lotus client from Outlook.

I have the same issue.

To be clear, this is not the red X issue.

I have a screen shot of the e-mail.

I can get embedded pictures and so can he. It just seems to be data that is copied and pasted.

I am able to create messages with the same sort of embedded data and send them to myself and to him and we can both see them.

Any help would be appreciated.

A

Abdias Ruiz

Hello,

Please drag a message displaying the unexpected behavior to your Windows Desktop. Then, attach that resulting .MSG file to a new message and send to me for analysis. Please send to cts-aruiz at live dot com.

Thank you,

Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

S

Sally Tang

Hi indyadmin1974,

Abdias is helping you on this issue. Have you sent the file to Abdias? Is the problem resovled?

Sally Tang

A

Abdias Ruiz

Thank you for sending the file. Is your CEO using Outlook to connect to a Lotus/Domino server or an Exchange Server? If a Domino Server, how is your CEO connecting?

Are they pasting Excel data (i.e., the resulting spreadsheet contents) or an Embedded Link to Excel? Did we understand correctly that you were able to view Embedded Spreadsheets in a version of Outlook prior to Outlook 2010? If so, what versions where you using?

Also, what version of Excel were you using prior to 2010? If the Lotus Notes client is being used to send the email, how does the message look in the Notes Sent Items folder?

Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]

I

indyadmin1974

Abdias,

We are connecting to a Domino 8.0.x server using Domino Access for MS Outlook 8.0.2.

The sender is pasting the Excel data. They are not embedding a link. She literally selects the data, right clicks and copies and then pastes into the Notes e-mail.

We were able to see the data normally in Outlook 2003 and 2007 on Windows XP.

As far as I know, the only other version of Excel that may have been used was Excel 2007.

I can send you the message as it looks in the user's sent items or rather a screenshot.

A

Abdias Ruiz

Thank you for the screenshot and previous email samples. What we are seeing in both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 is the Excel data being displayed as a black box. If I right-click on the Excel block and paste it into a new Outlook message, it is pasted as a picture.

When you receive the email in Outlook 2007 and click Forward, can the Excel data be edited? Or is it a picture? Any difference in Outlook 2010?

What happens if you send the email through your Domino server using Outlook rather than Notes? Does the data come through as expected? Lastly, what happens if you create a new Outlook profile and connect to the Domino mailbox using an Internet protocol such as POP3 - do you see the same behavior?

Abdias Ruiz [MSFT]